PDA

View Full Version : Insurance round 2

Iantech
08-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Well after getting all the last lot sorted out - and better priced, the broker mailed out the policies for me to go through. I noted on my Material Insurance policy they had not updated my physical address (which I rang them about last year and got them to amend for last years policy). So I called them again and asked them to change it to my current address - which was fine.

Today I get in the mail, an invoice for an EXTRA $36.23 for my policy and in their words.

Noted new situation of risk - increase is due to the new location being in Wainoni

Now, I moved from a street in St Albans where the cops might as well have located a station on as they were there so often. Every night of the week there were parties, domestics, someone got murdered about 3 times a year, cops woke us up on many occasions cause stolen cars were dumped either outside the section or up the drive and cop dogs were running around trying to catch the crims.

Last year we moved to Wainoni, really quite street (I could count the cars going by each day on my fingers there are so few), friendly neighbours (we know everyone in the street since the quakes), no prowlers, no petrol heads, no trouble, no nothing.... and yet they claim we are in a higher risk area??

What a load of cobblers, time for round 2 with the insurance co. . And this time I dont care about the 30 + bucks, its their whole attitude to where I live.

PPp
08-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Anywhere near the RED ZONE ?

Lurking
08-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Ian, they think Wainoni, that's Hampshire Street isn't it, let's charge Ian more for going out of St. Albans a higher class of people generally speaking.

No it will be the result of the earthquakes, but don't want to say so.

Lurking.

Iantech
08-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Nope, we are in the green PPp. Hampshire Street is Aranui, maybe 1-1.5kms from me as the crow flys. Yeah, I think you're right Lurking, still the house in St Albans got near split in half from the Feb quake, we are sitting on a little sandy knob which absorbed much of the quake and got very little damage. Never lost sewage and water and power only down a few days due to damage the next block over.

It will be interesting to see how they are justifying it, I'll ask them to send their assessor out to have a look instead of making a wild unfounded judgement from the office desk.

Bryan
09-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Go for it Ian. Many of these decisions are made by clerks acting under guidelines and have no conception of the real truth. It's management you have to get to!

Lurking
09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Ian, I expect our insurances' to go up by:

2.5% GST increase.
12.5% EQC premium increase.
15.0% SIS house and contents premium increase.

We should be well under the $100,000.00 for repairs too, but will have to subsidise those more unfortunate folk.

Lurking.

Ps. Green Zone here, on top of the old Speedway pits.

lurks.

Jeff
09-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Who is the person who manages to get murdered 3 time a year?

Used to live in Wainoi, it's a good area.

decibel
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
An example from my past as to how stupid insurance managers can be -

The London & Lancashire Insurance Co. would not insure a person who owned a MG 1100 (old forum members will know what this was)

Why?? because it was a "sports car" !!!@#$%^&

R2x1
10-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Go for it Ian. Many of these decisions are made by clerks acting under guidelines and have no conception of the real truth. It's management you have to get to!
If you visit the manager wearing long latex gloves, carrying a pineapple and wearing a grimly determined expression, you will be assured of his full attention.

SP8's
11-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Why?? because it was a "sports car" !!!@#$%^&

Fair crack of the whip decibel ... you would have been struggling to control all that power ... :lol: