PDA

View Full Version : Video Card Advice - GTX560Ti versus GTX560Ti

CliveM
08-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I would be grateful if someone would explain in practical terms the difference between these two cards:

http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=VGAEVG1563&name=EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-Super-Clocking-version--1G
http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=VGAEVG1567&name=EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-DS-Superclocked-Video-card

They appear to be much the same to my uneducated eyes. I am considering a new video card as the next upgrade for my system and from what I can work out a GTX560 Ti give me enough of an advantage to be worthwhile without getting into the realms of massive overkill. Current card is a Ge Force 8800 GT. Please feel free to suggest something else if you think it better at around the same price point.

TIA

inphinity
08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
The DS edition has a dual-fan cooler.

8ftmetalhaed
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
and will be slightly higher clock speeds than the other.

Since they're exactly the same price, it's obvious which one to get. (super clocked)

CliveM
08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for that

dbs
08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
same card, same clocks one has dual fans, one dosent.

why ask other people to do your work, when the evga website shows all details.

8ftmetalhaed
09-09-2011, 01:12 AM
because normally it's a case of 'is it worth it (since normally one's more pricey)/is there anything this one does that the other doesn't outside of its tech specs' sort of thing that requires input from other people.

Given that there's no diff in price on the website, the overclocked one is a definite buy over the stock one.

CliveM
09-09-2011, 08:34 AM
because normally it's a case of 'is it worth it (since normally one's more pricey)/is there anything this one does that the other doesn't outside of its tech specs' sort of thing that requires input from other people.

Given that there's no diff in price on the website, the overclocked one is a definite buy over the stock one.

Thanks again all for your input. I value your collective advice/opinions highly. Exactly because the two cards are priced the same had me looking for a possible catch 22 situation. There does not appear to be one.

dbs: To my mind it is not lazy or expecting others to do the work to ask a question in this case. The vast experience and knowledge of others in this group is a valued recourse. I admire the time and expertise that is so unselfishly given by members particularly the professionals who could be expected to devote their time to producing an income rather than effectively giving away so much free advice. I would far rather ask and look a bit foolish than not ask and prove to be so. :)

inphinity
09-09-2011, 08:53 AM

They are both superclock, the ONLY difference between the two is the cooler - thus the DS potentially has more headroom for further, user-driven overclocking.