PDA

View Full Version : External monitor viewing

berryb
07-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I have a dual monitor setup. I want to have a video or pictures running on one monitor while working normally on the other.

Whenever I configure the external monitor to play video or pictures it works OK when minimized but once maximized I cannot get the mouse back across to the main screen.

Basically I want the external monitor playing whatever I want so customers can see it and I can work on the main screen that only I can see.

I have been using the extend desktop option and tried Windows Media Player and some other program with both giving the same result once maximized on the external screen.

wratterus
07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Try VLC media player, i do this all the time with no issues, although WMP should manage it fine too. A picture slideshow might be a different story, but VLC should work fine for video. You can undock the playlist and leave it on your main screen so you can see what's playing.

wainuitech
07-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Sounds like the settings are right -- just tried it, attached a second LCD, made sure the main Monitor ( the working one you dont want people to see) is set as main, opened WMP in the main display, then dragged it to the second display - loaded in a Video, and that played while the mouse pointer could be jumped back to the first display or between quite happy. Settings= 3104

These are normal 17" LCD's not a TV

berryb
15-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Finally got back to this issue.

Good point about the TV or monitor. Standard LCD monitor on DVI and LCD TV on VGA.

I have tried Picasa and works OK on TV fine as a slideshow but stops the slideshow once the mouse is moved by to the main screen.

Tried Windows Photo Viewer and slideshow works OK but the main screen goes blank and shows nothing. I changed the settings so TV was main screen with same result - TV went blank and monitor showed slideshow.

Still have the same issue with WMP. Music is playing at the same time using WMP so don't want to use it anyway.

Haven't tried VLC yet but does it do pictures?

This should just work!!