PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted application in Firefox

Roscoe
07-09-2011, 10:54 AM
At the top of Firefox, to the right of the address line, there has always been a small Google window. Within the last week that wee window has changed to Ask.com. I do not want Ask.com and would rather have Google. How do I go about removing Ask.com and replacing it with Google?

I tried a system restore but that has not made any diference.

Thanks for your help.:thanks

Speedy Gonzales
07-09-2011, 11:06 AM
See if Ask toolbar is installed. If it is uninstall it. Or click on the down arrow, top right where the search engines are (to the left where it says Ask. Left mouse / manage search engines). Highlight it then delete itL

Roscoe
07-09-2011, 12:19 PM
That did the trick, thanks Speedy. I had been looking for something like that but did not know where to find it. I still don't understand how the Ask toolbar came to be installed in the first place. But not to worry as I now have Google back where it should be. Thanks so much, your help is really appreciated.:thanks

Speedy Gonzales
07-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Sweet no probs :) If Ask toolbar wasnt installed, it may get installed (as a search engine by FF), when you install it

PPp
07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I have had problems with this program not uninstalling ,and coming back. Fixed it with Revo uninstaller.