PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Homepage & Toolbar

Poppa John
07-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi All

We have been given a Compaq Pressario "Black Tin Box" Model SR5120 AN. AMD Sempron 3600+2.0GHZ Ram 1.5. HD 80 GB. Vista.

It wouldnt work... it was slow when it did...etc etc. I am not surprised. 21 Trojans 250+ PUPS whatever ther are. I did a cleanup. Spybot, Mal, MSE,CC. Defrag. The works Stripped off all the junk in add & remove.

Now I want to get rid of the Yahoo as in title.

How do I do that, Please. PJ.

PS. The persons concerned have bought another computer. How long till that one is "Infected"? PJ

Speedy Gonzales
07-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Uninstall the Yahoo toolbar. And change the homepage. I would disable system restore as well, then do another full scan with a virus scanner

Poppa John
07-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Uninstall the Yahoo toolbar. And change the homepage. I would disable system restore as well, then do another full scan with a virus scanner

If I knew how to do that I wouldn't be here. Yahoo is not on the add & remove & I cannot see an Uninstall anywhere.

How, please. PJ

PS On this Box I have put Spybot S&D. Malwarebytes. MSE. MS Firewall. Smart Defrag. CCleaner. Did all those. PJ

PeterQ
07-09-2011, 11:44 AM
go to internet options and under general, home page type the homepage that you would like, internet options is under tools at the top

Snorkbox
07-09-2011, 11:47 AM
PJ.

Open IE.
Right click anywhere on the menu bar. Close the Yahoo toolbar.
Go to anywhere that you want via the address bar.
Then click Tools, Internet Options and ensure that wherever you are is in the small box at the top.
Click OK.

Poppa John
07-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Snorkbox...Ok thanks. Done all that & 'gone' Now have to decide on a homepage & toolbar. PJ

Snorkbox
07-09-2011, 12:40 PM
PJ.

You don't need a toolbar. Home page I use is NZCITY.
www.nzcity.co.nz then you can personalise it.

Poppa John
07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
PJ.

You don't need a toolbar. Home page I use is NZCITY.
www.nzcity.co.nz then you can personalise it.

Thanks, will try it. PJ