PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a scam call!!!!!!

qazwsxokmijn
06-09-2011, 07:18 PM
:clap:clap:clap

YAAAAY!!! Had my first ever scam call today!!! Couldn't contain myself enough to keep it longer than 25 minutes, unfortunately!

So he's from Wellington - heard it's a very windy place - yes, he says, it is 'very cold. There is snow outside.'

Free computer health checkup he says! So I told him, wow, really? Last week I went to the doctors and had to pay $60 for a checkup! Took the dog to the vet and was charged $200! 'Yes, yes, we are free computer doctors'.

'Will you please click on the start button?' - 'what's a start button?' - 'on left hand side bottom if circle, Windows 7. If square, Windows XP'. 'My button is trapezium' HAHAHAHA.

So after 15 minutes of senseless time wasting for him, he wants me to open up eventviewer. 'How do you spell that? I failed high school and am terrible at spelling'. E for elephant, V for victory, E for elephant again, N for nice, T for tango - wait, 'tangle'? 'No, TANGO' - 'tango-mango'?........

After about 25 minutes I just burst out laughing and yelled into the phone 'YA IDIOT!!!!!' *Click*

Today is a good day!

pcuser42
06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Bet you can't beat Mum's cousin's call :lol:

Can't stop laughing - those damn phone scammers rang again "I'm calling about your windows computer...". This time I motioned to <husband> to block his ears and then I let out the longest, most bloodcurdling scream ever into the phone, then hung up. It was hilarious!

Agent_24
06-09-2011, 07:51 PM
:lol: Bet that was fun!

KarameaDave
06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Still waiting for mine, or,
could the fact I have no phone,
have some bearing on this?

sahilcc7
06-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I wanna somehow give them my mobile number so they call again.

GameJunkie
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
welcome to the club :D

Brian B
06-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Me too! I got my call from Virtual_pc_doctors at about 6:30 and was told they were in Rongatai, Wgtn. Then got the usual scam story, strung them along for about twenty minutes then told them exactly what I thought of them.

I must have been next on the list after you qazwsxok!

Bobh
06-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I am still waiting for one of them Indian gentlemen to phone me.

The other day I had a knock on the door. When I opened the door an Indian gentleman was standing there and for a minute I thought, "Christ the buggers are getting tired of being abused by people they call by phone, now they are calling in person".

I was quite relieved when he handed me a courier parcel and said, "Sign here please". His courier van was parked in my drive.

Chilling_Silence
07-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Hahaha nice Bobh :D