PDA

View Full Version : Nuisance calls from 093660023

Billy T
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi Team

Last week I decided to change over to XT early and avoid the rush, so I got a nice new Samsung flip-top (clamshell??) for $169 all-up including transfer of my number and contacts etc (all transferred while I waited).

But that is not the issue.

I accidentally left it turned on while in my office, and just received my first call, from 093660023. It only rang three times, so by the time I prised open the clam, the caller was gone. I called them back, in the faint hope that it was a prospective customer, but got no answer so I looked up the number on the web and it seems that lots of people are getting three-ring calls from this number and no response when calling back.

Has anybody here experienced that or located who the caller is?

It is all a bit weird.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

Richard
06-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I too received calls on a brand new Samsung from this number, but was also unable to establish an identity. I rang back on one occasion but the phone wasn't answered. The calls stopped after a couple of days, so God knows who it was. Post here if you find out Billy.

PaulD
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I got 2 of those calls. AFAIK it was someone from Telecom checking to see that everything was OK. Same woman each time she was embarrassed that she had forgotten the 1st call.

GameJunkie
06-09-2011, 04:46 PM
i think my mum got one of these calls last week or the week before, as she had got a new sim card/phone set-up

Billy T
07-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorted, I think..........

Got another call at very close to the same time today, and it was supposedly a Telecom person (asian, very good english) checking that my new phone was going OK and trying to sell me services. I'm not 100% sure it was kosher as I didn't recognise any of the stuff she talked about and I'm pretty sure she didn't start off identifying herself as Telecom.

I still have a gut feeling it is a scam.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Speedy Gonzales
07-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Speaking of telescum, one of their guys came around last week. Trying to get me onto telecom. I said sure, if you pay the $180 early termination fee. That was the end of that discussion :p

nedkelly
07-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Haha I had the same thing happen to me, except when he said how much data do you use a month and I said about 60gb, then he asked how much do I pay for that and I said about $1.25 per gb.
He rifled through his backpack looking for something, pulled out a piece of paper started looking at it and said he did not have a plan for me and then almost ran off.
I almost fell over laughing at him.
*Nedkelly loves his Xnet plan*

Speedy Gonzales
07-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I DID like Xnet till it started getting crappier by the minute, and my plan wasnt ADSL2..Only good thing it was cheaper (and MS downloads are free)

pctek
07-09-2011, 07:36 PM
received my first call, from 093660023.

Ring telecom and report nuisance calls from this number.
:lol:

nedkelly
07-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I DID like Xnet till it started getting crappier by the minute, and my plan wasnt ADSL2..Only good thing it was cheaper (and MS downloads are free)

Hehe I spoke to xnet when my cabinet got done, found out chorus did not change my DSLAM profile to adsl2 from adsl1, got that changed went from 8mbps to 18mbps

PPp
07-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I used to be with xnet the phone was terrible and not to mention the 11 days without phone or internet while they decided I had a problem, and they would get the lines people in. of course it would cost me $200 if it was not a lines problem. Near Christmas with children overseas. I am now another happy ex customer with a good phone and higher speed.

wainuitech
07-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Haha I had the same thing happen to me, except when he said how much data do you use a month and I said about 60gb, then he asked how much do I pay for that and I said about $1.25 per gb.
He rifled through his backpack looking for something, pulled out a piece of paper started looking at it and said he did not have a plan for me and then almost ran off.
I almost fell over laughing at him.
*Nedkelly loves his Xnet plan*Had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago with telecom.

( At the time) I asked if they could match the data for the price - errrrr no -- could I transfer my business cell number ----- errrrrr no -- can you match the TV channels ------ Sorry we dont supply TV ---my point exactly --- Bye bye ----- they have never come back :)

PaulD
07-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Sorted, I think..........

Got another call at very close to the same time today, and it was supposedly a Telecom person (asian, very good english) checking that my new phone was going OK and trying to sell me services. I'm not 100% sure it was kosher as I didn't recognise any of the stuff she talked about and I'm pretty sure she didn't start off identifying herself as Telecom.

I still have a gut feeling it is a scam.

If it wasn't Telecom you should be worried that someone is obviously following you around as they know that you changed your phone. Did you pay cash or by card? It could be that your bank is in on the scam ;D