PDA

View Full Version : Surfer Joe look alike?

tuiruru
05-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Those of you that have been on the forum for a few years.... Do you think that the "Marine Instructor" that they're using to advertise Sky's coverage of the RWC looks like SJ's old avatar?

ubergeek85
05-09-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad/32684/Sky-Sports-Match-Fit this fellow?

ubergeek85
05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Missed edit window.

tuiruru
05-09-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad/32684/Sky-Sports-Match-Fit this fellow?

Yep - that's the one.
SJ's old avatar had the same craggy look - not sure whether it was actually SJ or not. P'raps he'll post it.

SurferJoe46
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
I like that guy!

Handsome guys all look good - in uniform or out. Let me look to see if I have that old avatar yet --

BRB............................................... ..........

tuiruru
06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I like that guy!

Handsome guys all look good - in uniform or out. Let me look to see if I have that old avatar yet --

BRB............................................... ..........

The adjective I was going to use was "craggy" and even that was a bit of an over-compliment!! ;)

SurferJoe46
06-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Perhaps: facial character-lines?

Uploading every pix I have with me in them. Oh, and an Australian in that folder too - just one ----> named ED.

SurferJoe46
06-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I just formed a complete album of every pix I have of myself - even got an Australian in there too - but just one! We handsome devils don't mind posting our pixs for others to see.

Send $20.00 NZD each (for postage and handling) for your FREE personally autographed copies of these great 8"x10" pixs printed on double-weight, semi-glossy paper.

LINK: https://picasaweb.google.com/vreeland.joe/Joe1Australian?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIWMubiVk9_qBg&feat=directlink

tuiruru
06-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I just formed a complete album of every pix I have of myself - even got an Australian in there too - but just one! We handsome devils don't mind posting our pixs for others to see.

Send $20.00 NZD each (for postage and handling) for your FREE personally autographed copies of these great 8"x10" pixs printed on double-weight, semi-glossy paper.

LINK: https://picasaweb.google.com/vreeland.joe/Joe1Australian?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIWMubiVk9_qBg&feat=directlink

Hmm.. It wasn't any of them.. Think it was a close up of the right side of the face with a BB Cap on and a bit of a smile (with the jaw jutting slightly out (not that I took that much notice.) Still, the webcam one top right gives the same impression.

Now if someone can Photoshop one of those silly hats on top - what do you call them? People can make up there own minds.

Thanks for taking the trouble SJ - I'll be able to sleep at night now!

SurferJoe46
06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Your somnambulist activity is very important to me.

GameJunkie
06-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Missed edit window.

thats him!!!

Bobh
06-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Missed edit window.

Reminds me of my Platoon Sgt during Basic training. He was an ugly bugger too. Different uniform though.

tuiruru
06-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Your somnambulist activity is very important to me.

Actually, thinking about it, a hat on the one in the middle of the second row of SJ's album would tie in with Ubergeek's photo nicely.

Did you watch Uber's other other link SJ? I don't know what other people think, but, although I've got really no interest in the Rugby I think it's been quite a good series of ads (apart from the shout in your face approach, (like certain outlets that seem to have a never ending stream of them) which I can't stand and immediately zones me out- )

SurferJoe46
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Did you watch Uber's other other link SJ? I don't know what other people think, but, although I've got really no interest in the Rugby I think it's been quite a good series of ads (apart from the shout in your face approach, (like certain outlets that seem to have a never ending stream of them) which I can't stand and immediately zones me out- )

not yet - on palm clie atm n i cant c it now.