PDA

View Full Version : Speed Test

dpDesignz
05-09-2011, 05:36 PM
So I started a speed test a couple of months ago and asked a group of you to help me out (thanks to those that have! It's still open). I just went in to check it and someone from the Ukraine tested on my wave 5 days ago. I AM SO MOVING TO THE UKRAINE! :D http://www.speedtest.net/wave/085acb5bbfe200ec?

Iantech
05-09-2011, 07:08 PM
It makes NZ look pretty pathetic doesnt it, and we are only talking about getting 100mb/s by 2019, think what the rest of the world will be on by 2019.

Shame our Govt cant actually look ahead instead of looking at what is acceptable right now. They should be planning to give us 1000mb/s by 2019, we will still be behind, but not enough to look like a 3rd world country.

SkinBintin
07-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I'll tell you what though, that speedtest from UberNetworks in Whangarei is rather impressive. A pity that the southern cross cable is bound to hamper it's performance internationally though. I checked their website too... more data than I get on TelstraClear's cable plans here in Christchurch, at over three times the speed for less money. If only a competitor like that was available down here in Christchurch. It would be great. :/

dpDesignz
07-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll tell you what though, that speedtest from UberNetworks in Whangarei is rather impressive. A pity that the southern cross cable is bound to hamper it's performance internationally though. I checked their website too... more data than I get on TelstraClear's cable plans here in Christchurch, at over three times the speed for less money. If only a competitor like that was available down here in Christchurch. It would be great. :/

What part of Christchurch are you in? That network mentioned is part of the UFB roll out in NZ. All part of Crown Fibers plan for the new roll out. When the Pacific Fiber cable comes in we will be fine. But like Iantech said, our Government just isn't planning far enough ahead.

GameJunkie
07-09-2011, 06:55 PM
just added to it

dpDesignz
07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
just added to it

Thanks

Chilling_Silence
07-09-2011, 11:39 PM
We are planning further ahead tha,n England who will get 2mbps I believe by 2013? That's all they're scheduled for.

Chilling_Silence
08-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Also, see here, its probably just some dude with a decent connection trolling several speedwaves just to get more badges:
http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

I had faster when I was at Auckmageddon...

dpDesignz
08-09-2011, 08:16 AM
We are planning further ahead tha,n England who will get 2mbps I believe by 2013? That's all they're scheduled for.

Ouch! Sucks to be then. At least we know the queen won't be torrenting. :)