PDA

View Full Version : i need DSE XH5121 64 bit win7 Driver (webcam)

Viking317
04-09-2011, 01:33 PM
so hi as the title says i cant find the windows 7 64 bit driver.. and its send me mad
i tried going on Dick (head) Smiths site both Aust and NZ i cant find it...
Please help.. :D

feersumendjinn
04-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Their computer accessories are quite often generic items made by some outfit in Taiwan or China, have a look for any product or serial numbers on the webcam and google it, amazing how often you'll find a driver this way.

For instance this hit (http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1257719)would tell you that the driver available here would only work on 95, 98, 2K, and Xp (32bit supposedly) but it also tells you the brand (CIF): if you can find a Vista driver, that may work.

There is always the possibility there is no Win7x64 driver (webcam manufacturers often don't bother to keep supporting older/previous models, so you have to buy a new one ;)).

You could try plugging the unit in, and checking the Hardware ID (under Properties/Details tab) through Device Manager (and googling it), or letting it do a internet search through Device Manager (think it accesses Windows/Microsoft Update site for this).

Hope this helps.

Welcome to PressF1

Speedy Gonzales
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Yup doing what Feer said should work, this is what it looks like (http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8498/dsewhatnowsb7.jpg). But you maybe lucky if you can find a 64 bit driver

feersumendjinn
04-09-2011, 02:37 PM
You could also try this
http://hem.bredband.net/yawcam/
(a generic driver written in Java), but it appears to only work up to XP and doesn't seem to be supported anymore.

Viking317
04-09-2011, 02:56 PM
yeah i allready d/led that Driver and still get error code: 28
i tryed to google the S/N: 105D04BC 0 0 0 9 4 2 nothing..
the other lables on the tag of notice are XH5121, Z111, N19 XH5121

yes thats the same cam as i have..

all so something i should of asked... is where should i place the driver files?

Speedy Gonzales
04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Look under hardware ids under the cam entry in device manager like Feer said. Copy whats here and paste it into Google. Depends what format the drivers are in (if you find any), If its an exe file double on it. If its zipped unzip it. And Hopefully, there's an inf file in it. If there is, you go to the device in device manager / driver tab / update driver. Then point it to that inf file

feersumendjinn
04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
For instance this hit would tell you that the driver available here would only work on 95, 98, 2K, and Xp (32bit supposedly) but it also tells you the brand (CIF)
Click on where it says "this hit" in post #2, this will tell you the manufacturer.

And repeating what Speedy said.

If you find a driver (doubtful going by the age of the item), if its a zipped file, extract it first then click on setup.exe to install it (will install to the correct place itself usually); if its an exe file just double click on the file to install it.

Viking317
04-09-2011, 03:16 PM
USB\VID_0C45&PID_600D+Google=
Device Descriptions
This device is known by the following device descriptions.
Communications Port
USB Human Interface Device
Unsupported Device
Manufacturers
This device has been manufactured by the following companies.
Device Class
This device matches the following device classes, each class relates to the function or type of device.
3D Accelerators
BTW
CDROM
Display
Dot4Usb HPZ12
hdc
HID
HIDClass
MEDIA
Modem
Net
nodriver
PCMCIA
Ports
System
UNKNOWN
USB
Operating System Compatibility
This device has been detected on the following operating systems (as established by our DriverGuide Toolkit ).
Windows 2000
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2003 Server
Windows 95
Windows 95 OSR2
Windows 98
Windows 98 SE
Windows ME
Windows NT 4 Server
Windows NT 4 Workstation
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Professional
Deployment
This device is most commonly seen on the following machines (as established by our DriverGuide Toolkit ).
AWARD_: AWRDACPI
Compaq: EVO N115 470035-995
Dell Computer Corporation: 845G
ECS: K7VMM
ECS: M810DLU
FUJITSU SIEMENS: P4GE-FSC
Hewlett-Packard: HP Vectra
NEC Technologies: READY 9738
Sellers: I-Motion / I-Volution / I-Conomy
Shuttle: MV42
System Manufacturer: System Name
VIA Technologies, Inc.: VT82C692BX

feersumendjinn
04-09-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=_0C45%26PID_600D&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
A page of drivers ;) (note how it was done for next time).
There is no drivers for Win7 there, so you're out of luck, you need to buy a new cam.

Speedy Gonzales
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I would double click on the cam in device manager, and go to the driver tab / update driver (or use windows update) Check for updates, see if it finds one. If it doesnt, I would get a more modern cam (that supports 64 bit).

That maybe a USB PC Camera (DC-2110A) or a CIF USB Camera (2110A). There's a link to some driver here. (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/102560-cif-usb-camera-2110a-driver-issues.html). Down the bottom. But I dont know if its got 64 bit drivers in it

wainuitech
04-09-2011, 03:49 PM
As its been mentioned, its a generic driver - you can try downloading the file from Here (ftp://driver.chicony.com.tw/), Chicony use the same driver, may or may not work. Download either the exe or the zipped file, both the same except the zipped file contains the same exe.

It shouldn't matter if its not 64bit, as it should still run as a 32 bit application (many programs do in W7 64)

Viking317
04-09-2011, 03:51 PM
thanks i was about to give up on it its driving me nuts im trying what you said and it doesnt work..

Speedy Gonzales
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
What did you try? Windows update or getting the driver then installing it?

wainuitech
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
What you may have to do is go into the device manager and right click the cam/unknown device, update driver and navigate to the folder the software went to.

Had that the other day but in reverse - customer brought XP from me ages ago - no backward compatible drivers for the XP since it was a vista Laptop, copied the saved vista drivers to the laptop then had to manually guide just about every damn device to the actual folder where they installed, then it worked perfectly.

Viking317
04-09-2011, 04:05 PM
i down loaded the driver...and have done a backwards compatibility... and now i cant get the driver update to work (to link them up) :(

Speedy Gonzales
04-09-2011, 04:12 PM
It it includes 32 bit drivers, I wouldnt install it.