PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mail going to trash bin

Whenu
29-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Yello, just lately my mail in Yahoo is going into the Trash box. It's getting delivered okay to my PC but when I go into my account at Yahoo, the mail is sitting in the Trash box.
Haven't been able to find a setting in Yahoo to change to send it back to the Inbox, TIA, cheers

wainuitech
29-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Have a look in the filter settings -- Options / Filters. Make sure the mails are not being redirected to the trash folder.

The other side or "rough fix" could be to make a filter and redirect the mail back to the inbox where it belongs -- Not an actual fix, more of a work around.

Whenu
29-08-2011, 10:08 PM
The mail appears to go there after I've read it in T/bird.
There are no entries in the Options>Filters section

Speedy Gonzales
29-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Are you getting the emails in TB?? If youre using the site to get the emails, the settings in TB wont do anything

fred_fish
29-08-2011, 10:28 PM
The mail appears to go there after I've read it in T/bird.

Thunderbird is connecting by POP3 presumably?

Default POP3 behavior is to delete the mail from the server after successfully downloading it.
Uncheck (or adjust to suit) the Thunderbird options (under Account Settings) for deleting mail from the server.

Edit: It's nice of them to put it in your Trash, most servers really delete it.

Edit2: It's probably to give time for their data miners to scan it ... :)

wainuitech
29-08-2011, 10:28 PM
The setting is in the web based mail (the yahoo site) I thought thats where you meant ?

just lately my mail in Yahoo is going into the Trash box. It's getting delivered okay to my PC but when I go into my account at Yahoo, the mail is sitting in the Trash box Please advise -- Is this correct -- if someone sends you a mail, when you open the web based in Yahoo, its arrives in the trash instead of the inbox ?

Whenu
29-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Appears inthe Webmail Inbox and after opening the mail in T/Bird, the mail in the webmail account is sent to the Trash folder

Speedy Gonzales
29-08-2011, 11:13 PM
What if you use TB and dont use webmail at all. Does it send it to the trash folder. TB isnt exactly the most user friendly email program around lol. Are you using v6?

PaulD
30-08-2011, 08:07 AM
If a tree falls in a forest with nobody around does it make a noise?

How would you know what was happening in the webmail trash folder without looking? Post #5 looks like the answer.

Whenu
30-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Using v6

This only started about 4-5 days back, not sure if there was an update about then but I hadn't changed any settings

fred_fish
30-08-2011, 09:25 AM
V6 is only just out (about a week) so that would probably be the update.
The "0 days" looks odd, maybe the handling of that has changed in the new version.
Fiddle with them and see what effect it has...

PaulD
30-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't use TBird but having leave messages on server and for at most 0 days could be dangerous if the until I delete doesn't take precedence. Try unticking the day limit.

The usual default day limit is 14 days and it is x days or unless deleted before then so 0 days would be the same as not leaving them on the server.