PDA

View Full Version : reinstalled CoD Black Ops but have to start at the begining

Knownothing
26-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I have had to reinstall CoD Black Ops.
Before reinstalling Black Ops I copied the previous saved levels/games into a temporary player/saved folder.
After the new install I replaced the copied level/game files back into the correct place but I found I have to go back and start the game again.

Is there any way I can start the level/game where I left off before reinstalling the game please?

Does the new install have to have the saved level/game files with a later date/time stamp?
Can the saved level/game files have their date/time stamps changed?

TIA

pctek
26-08-2011, 05:32 PM
It says:
If the save game files are not present in the program files folder then it must be listed in the folder called: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty – Black Ops\players. Even if it is not there, then you might be able to find the save file in the - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\players\save folder.

However I had one Steam game and the saves were actually meant to be in the user\Documents folder. Or a sub-folder within that. Take a look.

Knownothing
26-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks pctek.
I have found the saved files.
They are svg files.

It's just that I can't start where I left off in the old installation.
I have to go all the way back to the start.

pctek
26-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks pctek.
I have found the saved files.
They are svg files.

It's just that I can't start where I left off in the old installation.
I have to go all the way back to the start.

Then they are not the actual ones it's using.
During missions game won't save. You will have checkpoints during missions, If you quit game, You'll have to do the mission again!
Game saves once you beat a whole mission!

Save files are located in your
C:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Call Of Duty Black Ops\players
If you didn't use steam, locate your COD BO location and in it there will be a folder named 'players', that's you!

Issue: Option to Resume saved game in Call of Duty Ops is not available after quitting out the Game and restarting .

Rsolution:
Start Call of Duty Black Ops
Click on Campaign.
No Resume option is exposed.
Quit from that screen or hit the key to return to main menu.
Click Campaign again.
Resume game option is now exposed.

Knownothing
26-08-2011, 11:54 PM
thanks pctek

I have tried the resolution but it still takes me back to where I left the new instalation.
I will be happy with what you have told me.

Regards