PDA

View Full Version : Scanner problems

Scouse
25-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi folks. I have a Canon Lide 25 scanner and am running Windows 7. I recently had to restore Windows and now have problems with the previously well-behaved scanner. Can't find the original disk, so downloaded the programme - Canoscan. After setup and starting the scanner I get a dialogue box stating:
"Specify the program where the scanned image is transferred". Does not make sense and every logical program I try to specify is rejected.
Anyone had similar problems or has any suggestion to overcome this......... Thanks

wainuitech
25-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Did you actually put in the driver ??

Canoscan is only the program - Drivers and software (http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_lide25#DriversAndSoftware) - select the Version of W7 you have x32 or x64.

Normally when scanning in W7, I find it easier to go to start/Devices and printers, Select the scanner,then the scan option appears in the menu bar, click that and follow the wizard.

PPp
25-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't access the scanner. I use my graphics program to "acquire twain" (you may have to choose which source )from the File menu, this brings up the scanner program ScanGear CS which allows you to preview, scan etc. with various settings ie colour, greyscale B&W dpi etc etc. Once scanned the image will be automatically "acquired by your graphics program for further use.

Speedy Gonzales
25-08-2011, 08:21 PM
But did you install the driver?? You still need the driver,so it'll work

Scouse
25-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank you Wainui. Functioning again through the Canon Toolbox approach which I traditionally used.
Tried your suggestion of going through Devices etc but was halted by reply telling me that I needed a WIA download, which I was not able to find. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you too PPp for your reply... I will try your approach too tomorrow.

johnbrown1
05-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi scouse, i think you can download your scanner drivers with drivers robot program, where you can get in: http://drivers-robot.blogspot.com/