PDA

View Full Version : Download management from Internet

12-10-2001, 12:03 PM
I have been using DOWNLOAD WONDER for some time; now it will not intercept the downloads. Other such managers act the same. The downloads go directly to a save box which probably belongs to Windows.
Using WinME, Netscape 6.1, Wkorks Suiite 2000. RAM 128mb.
Please help, thank you.

12-10-2001, 12:38 PM
In order for the Download Wonder - File Download dialog box to automatically pop up when you begin a download with either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, Intercept Browser Downloads must be toggled On.

Either select Actions > Intercept Browser Downloads on the Main menu or Intercept Browser Downloads on the right-click Tray Icon menu, and make sure there is a check mark in the left-hand margin next to the text.

Note: If you start Download Wonder after Netscape Navigator and change the Intercept Browser Downloads setting, you will need to close and restart Netscape Navigator before the new setting takes effect.

12-10-2001, 12:41 PM
You could try getting the latest version of your preferred download manager, as Netscape 6.1 is new they may need to update the download manager to work with the new browser.

Also make sure that you have any options similar to 'Integrate into XXXXX' where XXXX is your browser.

Good Luck
JM

12-10-2001, 05:49 PM
I use Download Accelerator Plus, and this also doesn't work in Netscape 6.1. When I try to integrate into Netscape it tells me that Netscape isn't installed, so I assume that DAP (and I guess other download managers) don't recognise it, and so we may just need to wait until an update to the download managers are available, or manually start the download using the manager.

12-10-2001, 06:03 PM
Getright 4.5c (latest) only works on netscape up to version 4.xx, and internet explorer 4.xx+ , but if you get the download manager to monitor the clipboard, you can right-click the link, and go to copy shortcut to clipboard.

12-10-2001, 09:31 PM
Ah yes. ye ol marketing ploy.

You should have known better to think your software would last forever.For if it was true we would never progress.
(or so they say) Dylans idea will work but for the seamless operation you want its PAY for the lastest version.

Someones gotta keep Bill Gates payroll churning.

==Orac==

PS version 4 of gozilla picks everything up for the time being