PDA

View Full Version : It Just Wont Post I Give Up

Norseguy
19-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Seriously, I've replaced the motherboard, processor, processor fan, the graphics card i subbed out with another one, still no post, no beeps, and cpu fan wont spin. Sometimes it does but it still doesn't post.

I give up this isn't fixable.:badpc::badpc::badpc::mad:

CYaBro
19-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Power supply?

:pf1mobmini:

Paul.Cov
19-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Have you correctly wired the ON switch during all this?

Norseguy
19-08-2011, 08:26 AM
It was having the same issue before i replaced any of these components i listed, nothing has changed it still doesn't post. If you mean by on switch the Power button header yes it's wired up or the pc wouldn't turn on.

Norseguy
19-08-2011, 08:48 AM
I tried it without power to the hardrive and video card and the cpu fan would spin but i didn't hear the beep when it posts, and the red light by the power button never came on.

pctek
19-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Seriously, I've replaced the motherboard, processor, processor fan, the graphics card i subbed out with another one, still no post, no beeps, and cpu fan wont spin. :
PSU? RAM?

As for the parts you used as replacements - were these new or used?

Norseguy
19-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Yes these components are new.

Norseguy
19-08-2011, 09:14 AM
How can I test the psu if it's pumping out the right juice still?

19-08-2011, 10:18 AM
How can I test the psu if it's pumping out the right juice still?

either replace with another psu for testing
or use an oscilloscope to check for excessive noise, spikes (easier to try a new PSU)
bad PSU's can put alot of noise on the rails , even though the actual voltages may be good

PSU & RAM would be the first things to swap out. Have they been replaced??

Have you removed all cabling : everything: sata, USB, power button, reset,LEDs etc etc
remove all cable & turn on -carfully- with a screwdriver
Also try without keyboard & mouse (doubt it , but worth a try)

dugimodo
19-08-2011, 12:42 PM
It may never beep, not all MB's have a speaker and many modern cases don't either.

This is the 3rd thread, you should really just add to one of your old ones so we know the history.

You can just keep buying parts randomly until something fixes it, or maybe it's time to take it to a professional or just give up.

Was the machine working originally and went faulty or has it never worked? If it's suddenly died then maybe it is the PSU, seems you replaced most of the rest. If it's never worked maybe you aren't connecting everything up properly.

FAB
19-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I had the same issue on a PC - although I had tried another power supply. The motherboard had already been replaced (with new CPU) the week before.
But no post, no nothing.
In the end I found that the motherboard was shorting out against one of the posts...problem gone straight away.