PDA

View Full Version : Epson RX 430 paper feed

slofox
18-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Got a problem with the Epson RX430 photo printer.

For some reason it doesn't want to feed the heaviest paper - viz Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper (255gsm). It worked fine with a lighter grade (175gsm) but doesn't seem to bite on the heavier grade.

Always worked fine in the past but now when I am supposed to be printing some stuff for someone it goes tits-up. :angry: And of course I have no lighter paper in the size required...:annoyed:

Waddya reckon? Percussive maintenance? :badpc: Or is there something useful someone could suggest?

Thanx all.

pctek
18-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Have you changed the paper type in it's print options?

There's also this advice off the net:
use alcohol and a scotch brite scrubber. I lightly sprayed alcohol on the edge of the scotchbrite scrubber. Placed it in the feed tray and pressed the paper button. In the process of trying to feed this very heavy scrubber into the printer, the roller were nicely cleaned of the residue that was keeping the paper from feeding. I had to keep the scotchbrite from feeding into the printer and pull it firmly back.

slofox
19-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Have you changed the paper type in it's print options?

There's also this advice off the net:
use alcohol and a scotch brite scrubber. I lightly sprayed alcohol on the edge of the scotchbrite scrubber. Placed it in the feed tray and pressed the paper button. In the process of trying to feed this very heavy scrubber into the printer, the roller were nicely cleaned of the residue that was keeping the paper from feeding. I had to keep the scotchbrite from feeding into the printer and pull it firmly back.

You have to select the paper type when you set up the print.

Took the damn thing into Axis for a general service. It's probably just full of crap from sitting around the shop for a gazillion years...:(

Thanks for your reply pctek. :thanks

Agent_24
19-08-2011, 04:15 PM
The pickup rollers etc are usually one of the things that needs to be periodically replaced.

19-08-2011, 05:03 PM
could be a issue with damp paper, since it feeds with the other paper
even though it may not seem damp.....damp paper causing feed issues is not that uncommon.

Its that time of year (for damp paper)