PDA

View Full Version : Recover harddrive files?

aceraspireone
13-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi all got a friend thats formatted the wrong hdd in his PC. NOOB.

Wanting to know what a good program is to try get files back. He has files on it he needs and hadnt backed them up. He is like this at moment :badpc:

I have got the hdd so its not in his system getting used at moment so files do get lost.

Any ideas on a easy program I can run to try get the files back? He dont mind having to buy a program as long as its under $100.

Thanks

aceraspireone
13-08-2011, 03:24 PM
http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

This one Do the job?

wainuitech
13-08-2011, 03:49 PM
X2 for get data back (linked above) I've recovered data from formatted drives in the past several times using it.
Its free to try, and it will tell you if it can recover the files, but you have to pay for it to do the recovery.

fred_fish
13-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Try testdisk.
As long as it was a normal format (not done with the /u switch) you should just be able to restore the partitions without too much drama.

Renegade
13-08-2011, 09:09 PM
^ Testdisk restored 2 partitions of mine that were wiped when I left a bootable floppy in .... which contained some sort of format / partition wipe command. That's going back several years, but gee, it was so much fun! Turn my PC on in the morning and arrrghhhhhhh, I could see it happen before I could stop it.

nedkelly
14-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I would recommend recover my files.
I just used it to get 789.91gb of data back

aceraspireone
15-08-2011, 03:17 PM
get data back worked. :)