PDA

View Full Version : DIY Day

pctek
10-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Those who helped me move will remember the hideous blue and yellow feature walls in the kitchen, back wall of kitchen.

No more, got it all properly matched to the rest and painted the lot today.
$46 for 4 litres at the lovely Bunnings. Yay for Bunnings.

And I'm getting a snazzy benchtop and proper sink to replace the yukky formica abomination. Free.

DIY is so much fun.

Jen
10-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah DIY is fun and rewarding. I'm on a strip wallpaper and paint instead binge right now. Completed one room from ceiling to skirting board and just started on another. Got four to do altogether. :D

R2x1
10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Congratulations on all this highly praiseworthy redecorating frenzy, but wouldn't tinted glasses have been easier?
Stripping wallpaper is one thing, but trying to paint the lounge wall in a tartan pattern will soon convince you to go back to wallpaper.

Bobh
10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Congratulations on all this highly praiseworthy redecorating frenzy, but wouldn't tinted glasses have been easier?
Stripping wallpaper is one thing, but trying to paint the lounge wall in a tartan pattern will soon convince you to go back to wallpaper.

Why not ask at the paint shop. Maybe they sell tartan paint right next to the striped paint.:rolleyes:

bob_doe_nz
10-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Grats! :thumbs:

Jen
10-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Stripping wallpaper is one thing, but trying to paint the lounge wall in a tartan pattern will soon convince you to go back to wallpaper.Well it sounds like pctek has gone tasteful with her paint choices and I only do Tarte Tatin, not tartan. :p

... although I have gone wild and will be doing one wall in a funky 60s retro wallpaper print. I blame watching too much Sky TV channel 8 for this.

pctek
10-08-2011, 09:14 PM
... although I have gone wild and will be doing one wall in a funky 60s retro wallpaper print. I blame watching too much Sky TV channel 8 for this.

Nooooooo!!!! Feature wall!!!
Yes those designer people, they should all be shot.

This is why I had to paint, it stuck out like dogs b****s. Now it's the same right round, it makes it "flow", haha - thats from Sarah Benney......

Actually husband made rude comments about I should be on the quick and dirty paint it and flog it off program.
Of course he's just jealous I'm 100 times faster at painting than he is.........

R2x1
10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
You reckon he's a slow decorator? Jen hasn't finished a wall started in the 60s! Maybe she is giving it priming wallpaper, undercoat wallpaper and twenty seven layers of gloss wallpaper, hand sanding between coats. Blasted Chingrish Instluctions ;)