PDA

View Full Version : Windows Essentials LIve was updating when machine crashed then...

globe
08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
since then I am unable to open windows live mail. Keeps coming up with message "is not designed to run on windows or it contains an error". Error message no 0x80040154, 193.

I don't mind uninstalling and reinstalling live mail but i do not want to lose all my contacts, emails etc so how to do i carry out a repair or reinstall without losing all this information ? cheers

globe
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
fixed it thanks, googles a wonderful thing. (should really have done that before posting too)

wratterus
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
What operating system are you running? You should be able to back up the data folder, which, depending on which OS you are running, is in your profile folder, then appdata/local/microsoft/windows live mail.

I would then just try installing again from the windows live .exe and see if it works - it should keep your data intact.

Edit, never mind... for anyone else who might come across this issue, what did you end up doing to resolve it?

globe
08-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I just used the repair function in windows - obvious really when you think about it - Doh !!! :thanks