PDA

View Full Version : Profile Storage Space

11-10-2001, 12:11 PM
Hi
I got a message on my Win2k Server as follows:
'You have exceeded your profile storage space. Before you can log off, you need to move some items from your profile to network or local storage.'
Does anyone know how to fix it?
Many thanks.

Peng

11-10-2001, 12:45 PM
This occurs because you have a utility, proquota.exe, intalled. This checks that your roaming profile is below a specified size before allowing you to log off. To remove files from your profile, you have to locate your profile-folder. You'll find it under
C:\documents and settings\username\.

To check the size of a profile, open Control Panel and double-click the System icon. On the User Profiles tab, you can see the size of the profiles stored on the computer.

To disable profile quotas, open the System Policy Editor by running Poledit.exe. Select Options | Policy Template and load the Common.adm and Winnt.adm templates. Create a new policy or open an existing one. Open Default User and then expand Windows NT User Profiles. Untick Limit Profile Size.

11-10-2001, 01:16 PM
Hi Tristan Speak,

It's great! I spent two days on Microsoft's site, but could not get the answer. Here, got the answer in no more than an hour! Thank you very much for your help.

Peng