PDA

View Full Version : Mailwasher 2011

kinloch
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I have mail washer 2011version 1.2.0 on X.P and onVista. Mail washer seems to occasionally turn the monitor off on X.P but works perfectly on Vista. I have had the previous versions and all did the same thing. The only version that works properly on X.P is the old version pro 6.5.4. Can you help? Pete.

Speedy Gonzales
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Send the guy who made it an email?

wainuitech
07-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Never seen it do that before ?

Can we assume you have at least .NET 3.5SP1 installed, as well as at least 1GB of RAM ?

kinloch
08-08-2011, 08:05 AM
The service packs and updates are all current and i have 2GB of ram.I am wondering if some program is not compatible with it.

John H
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
The guy who developed the programme is a Kiwi, and AFAIK still lives in NZ. When I have had contact with him in the past, he has been very helpful, so I add to Speedy's comment that you should contact him via Firetrust.

Incidentally, I have just gone back to using v6.5.3. When Mailwasher Pro 2010 came out, there was an offer to buy one licence for about $11, and get one additional licence free. So I did. Now the year is up, they want me to pay over $20 per copy for licence fees for another year. The licence fees have more than doubled in one year.

Mailwasher Pro2011 is incredibly slow to load, whereas v6.5.3 loads in a snap. I also don't have to pay an annual licence fee for the old version. Mailwasher Pro 2011 looks prettier, but the price is too steep for me - why pay an annual licence fee for a slow product with dubious additional functionality, when I can go back to my old version which I own outright?!! So I have.