PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue box warnings

11-10-2001, 11:54 AM
Two dialogue box warnigs recur at irregular intervals:

1 'HPSMP2(sometimes5)ia caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bffb1b67.'
If closed, it will usually recur within 30 minutes approx, and eventually the PC locks up.

2 'Wuauclt has caused an error in WUV31S.DLL'
If closed, it recurs every two minutes approx.

In both cases, rebooting brings things back to normal.

11-10-2001, 12:24 PM
Microsoft has confirmed the 'Wuauclt error' to be a problem in Microsoft Windows ME. This issue can occur if you have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) installed in Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition and you then upgrade the computer to Windows Millennium Edition (Me).

To work around this issue:

Uninstall ICS, by clicking Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs. On the Windows Setup tab, click Communications, and then click Details. Click to clear the Internet Connection Sharing check box, click OK, and then click OK. Restart your computer when you are prompted. Connect to the Internet directly (without using ICS), and then accept the Automatic Updates End User License Agreement.

Then reinstall ICSClick Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs. On the Windows Setup tab, click Communications, and then click Details. Click to select the Internet Connection Sharing check box, click OK, and then click OK. Follow the instructions in the Home Networking Wizard.

11-10-2001, 07:14 PM
Thanks for prompt response; this PC was delivered with Windows ME installed.

I have located the Internet Connection Sharing check box, and it is already clear.

Where to from here?

Also, for info, your email advice would not open - 'Not enough memory'. Odd!!!

11-10-2001, 09:52 PM
Hi John,

That first error message sounds like a Hewlett Packard printer file. I'm guessing you have a HP printer? Suggest you maybe reinstall your printer driver.

Rod.

11-10-2001, 10:38 PM
The only other information I could find on this problem was at Annoyances.org. It stated to 'Clear the internet cache, including the temporary program folder (where IE cached activexs for the web) it should be located at x:\windows\Downloaded program files. Just delete the files within the folders, and try the auto update feature in Me or go to http://corporate.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp'