PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems

11-10-2001, 09:27 AM
I have a zfree account and every time I go on I'm usually disconnected within the first few minutes but after I reconnect I'm fine for a length of time.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this might be ocurring?

Also anyone else noticed zfree seems to be in decline lately? I've been getting really poor connections.

11-10-2001, 09:35 AM
I'm in Wellington and use it all the time with no problems.
Could be your area.

11-10-2001, 10:11 AM
Yea Peter it's actually pretty good most of the time especially as it is a free service, its just annoying to get dis almost as soon as I get on.

Maybe it has something to do with the quality of my telephone line.

11-10-2001, 11:04 AM
I've been on Zfree for ages, and was good for a while, then crap for a couple of months, but the last 5 or 6 months its been really good... until last week. I haven't had disconnects, but everything just seems to take longer, downloads are slower, sometimes just doesn't find pages.
Was a great service one day, then one day last week it decided to be crap and has been ever since :(

11-10-2001, 11:21 AM
I agree Mike, it has been good up until recently but this week in particular I've had really bad connections and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Having trouble even connecting to local game servers like zfree quake 2.

11-10-2001, 09:26 PM
Hi

I've been using ZFree since June 2000 and it seems to go through periods of mediocre performance and frequent disconnects. Most of the time lately it has been excellent, even better than my pay account (Wave) usually.

Rod.