PDA

View Full Version : Indian Scammer Call!

sahilcc7
04-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Just had a call - lasted 25 mins. She asked me to open up run (I 'couldnt' find it!) and then passed to another technician. Then I 'found it' and opened it and went to command prompt. Was told to type assoc. Then they said there was a code at bottom matching my computer. Yea what ever. Then the eventviewer thing. Then to logmein. Then I said to them - 'This is a remote control program'. The guy said no then couldnt understand him and he hung up.

Hope he calls back!

Bobh
04-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Just had a call - lasted 25 mins. She asked me to open up run (I 'couldnt' find it!) and then passed to another technician.
Hope he calls back!

If it had have been me who received the call. I could have said I do not understand about 'run'. Could I use the exercycle instead?:rolleyes:

rob_on_guitar
05-08-2011, 11:31 PM
My flatty almost got scammed, she just about jumped on my PC... but finally she remembered what I had told her..... thankfully.
Some people are a worry.

sahilcc7
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
The guy asked me how I connected to the internet. I said "I think I use a wire". He didn't reply. I said "Is it the blue wire". He said "No, Just connect to the internet". "I use a wire to plug it in". Then he said in a very angry voice, "WELL PLUG IN THE WIRE". I told him to settle down.

My friend also got a call and the person didn't know the name "James". She kept asking what my friends name was. My friend said 'James'. The scammer didnt know that "James was a name". My friend kept asking him silly questions like "Do you celebrate Chrismas". He told me that they just repeat themselves.

Bobh
06-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Maybe 'James' in India means something else. It could be a swear word or something.

Somehow I do not think that the scammers like being made fun of but what the hell, they deserve it.

sahilcc7
06-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Maybe 'James' in India means something else. It could be a swear word or something.

Somehow I do not think that the scammers like being made fun of but what the hell, they deserve it.

Definately deserve it. Fun to waste there money.