PDA

View Full Version : Surround sound

Hitech
02-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I have a telstraclear t box and want to know what is wrong with tv3's dolby sound when i switch to tv3 the sound comes out only two front speakers.

When i switch to sky movies or sport which are also in dolby sound it comes out all 5 speakers,have tried all surround modes on my denon amp and tv3 still comes out two speakers not 5.

If i use the optical digital output on my tv to my stereo tv3 comes out all 5 speakers.

So im wondering if the t box has a fault on tv3 or is it tv3 itself, I rung tv3 and spoke to a tech and they said they have no problem with there sound.

So what i should do i dont know.

8ftmetalhaed
02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
i believe it'll be the difference in tv3's sound codec?

I had to change a few settings on my tv to get tv3 to sound as loud as the other channels and such, perhaps the same situation there.

Hitech
02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I dont have a problem with the loudness just the fact it wont come out all 5 speakers on tv3, I cant change the settings on my telstra t box as they have an 8 digit code which only technicians can access.

feersumendjinn
03-08-2011, 12:16 AM
You need to switch your T box sound/audio preference output to Mpeg or similar to get 5.1 sound (AAC+ soundstream from Tv3) on your analogue output (on the T box), default/alternate stream is AC3 (Dolby Digital) which why it works when you hook up the TV's digital output to your stereo. (Only TV3 has the two streams, all others are AAC+).
Is there a digital audio output on the T box?
Zinwell settop boxes do the same thing, but one can adjust those :).
Hope this helps.

Hitech
03-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks for your advice but on the t box they have a config feature called engineering and it requires an 8 digit pin to access it but telstraclear dont allow there customers to do this even though i know what to do only the technicians have the 8 digit pin to access it therefore i cant do anything which is really annoying.

Hitech
03-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Yer dam t box has an 8 digit pin code to get into the engineering part to alter the sound format and the buggers wont give me that code.

Sherman
03-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I think what you'll find is that TV3 is always broadcasting a DD5.1 signal. When the content they are playing is only stereo, the front left/right channels have sound, and the others are silent but still broadcast. That means your reciever will be seeing a 5.1 signal and won't let you "upmix".

Hitech
03-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Thats annoying it defeats the purpose of tv3 broadcasting in dolby, but yet sky movies and sport are in dolby and they all come through all 5 speakers no problem at all its just tv3 that wont.