PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

11-10-2001, 01:37 AM
My IE back button has decided to stop working :/

If I click the back button, or use the backspace shortcut, neither works.

I was using 5.0 when it stopped working, since then I upgraded to 5.5, then 6.0, none have worked. I even tried the Repair feature under Add/Remove. Any ideas?

11-10-2001, 09:38 AM
Hello Rich,

I strongly advise you to get the free download of IERadicator (use Google.com search or see the answer to my post below here on F1 for the URL). This superb program actually and unbelievably uninstalls IE (including IE6) and then allows you to reinstall it with a clean copy. The difference will surprise you - making Windows cleaner, faster. Be sure to read the Readme.txt and other info before using IERadicator. Of course you could just try to reinstall IE over the top of what you have - worth a try, but Microsoft products are so messy and buggy that there is no guarantee that it will solve the problem.

Cheers, Steve

11-10-2001, 05:19 PM
Thanks for your help, but it doesn't seem to support my OS..

11-10-2001, 09:08 PM
...a tiny word of caution:

IEeradicator will make *extensive* changes to your Operating System and either delete, disable or strip-out a number of functions in Windows.

Although highly affective, less experienced users might have difficulty restoring those functions after its use.

e_