PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

ianhnz
02-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey all.
I have a new question for you all, :help:. I have use Firefox, since it's early years and have always found it good. I see now they have a version 5. something, a version 6 and now a version 7 called Auroa. I use this as my default. However it's getting a tad annoying, now. When it starts up it says it updqating and will take a few minutes, more like 3-5 minutes and then comes up and says it can't install the update because another version of Firefox is running, which is not. Any ideas on this?
:clap
Ian

smurf
02-08-2011, 10:50 AM
As I understand, Version 5 is the stable release. I suggest that you uninstall what you have and reinstall version 5.

mikebartnz
02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey all.
I have a new question for you all, :help:. I have use Firefox, since it's early years and have always found it good. I see now they have a version 5. something, a version 6 and now a version 7 called Auroa. I use this as my default. However it's getting a tad annoying, now. When it starts up it says it updqating and will take a few minutes, more like 3-5 minutes and then comes up and says it can't install the update because another version of Firefox is running, which is not. Any ideas on this?
:clap
Ian
Have you tried the old three fingered salute(Ctrl+Alt+Del) and gone to task manager to make sure it is not running.
The other thing it could be is a problem with the profile. I have a netbook and have the profile pointing to an external HD and if it isn't plugged in FF will give that error.