PDA

View Full Version : Telecom's webmail

bk T
01-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Anyone here having problem with Telecom's webmail or just me?

Outlook loads fine though.

Miami Steve
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
You're not alone - getting a LaunchTAE14 error (in FF and IE)

pctek
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Worked just fine for me.

Snorkbox
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Works OK here.

Grimy
01-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Error Code 15-try again soon....

pcuser42
01-08-2011, 07:52 PM
They announced a fault on Twitter.

Agent_24
02-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Since they offloaded their email to Yahoo the uptime etc has been a lot worse.

Spam filter is crappier too, and if Yahoo doesn't like the look of something you're try to do, you're screwed, because Telecom can't do anything about it, and Yahoo doesn't give a damn.

dugimodo
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Mine gives me an error roughly 50% of the time when I click on e-mails, but if I click again it works. It would annoy the hell out of me except I mostly check E-mail on my phone lately.

Perhaps it's time to go back to an E-mail client, except I personally went to web mail because I tend to read my mail on multiple PC's and lose track of it. It's a pity too, Yahoo worked just fine before this recent "upgrade" at least for me.

gary67
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I use outlook on my main PC but since I use Gmail addresses I just set it to leave a copy on the server so I can log in from any other computer and still read my mail. I don't have to change addresses if I change ISP. I just every now and again log into to Gmail and empty my inbox. I rarely need to keep emails for very long usually just until I have answered them

PeteS
02-08-2011, 09:46 PM
The new Yahoo mail (used to be Telecom xtra yahoo promail) is as far as I am concerned still in Beta. Well it certainly performs as if it is. I wonder if anyone from Yahoo might see this complaint, because they certainly dont care or respond to their own online methods to report. One blog recommends we keep reverting back to classic and each time you can comment why. Once again I dont think Yahoo care. Lots of annoying glitches If they put as much effort into making the email as reliable at least as the old version and less on making the silly all singing and dancing adverts for products I will surely out of spite avoid, then maybe I wouldn't be so grumpy. Looks like some creative types have come up with a way of using Firefox to get rid of the adverts. So in answer to the question. Full of minor yet annoying bugs that come and go at random.

Agent_24
02-08-2011, 10:52 PM
The layout on this new one is worse but I had glitches and load problems even with the old Yahoo!Xtra ProMail.

(Launch FFC-1 error anyone?)

bk T
02-08-2011, 10:56 PM
It loads fine for me now.

PENTIUM
03-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Some days it is O K. Other times it causes problems, for instance, asks for a password and then cannot recognize it. The fault service will not acknowledge server glitches exist and may try to get you to reconfigure the connection. I have experienced call-outs only to then find normal service has been restored.