PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Digirama?

wratterus
29-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Just bought an album off them, downloading now. Very simple and pretty cheap ($17 for a special edition album).

Does anyone use them regularly? Quality is good? I guess it's 256k or 320k Mp3, so not awesome, but hopefully good enough.

Not very impressed with the download speeds though, I'm only getting 400Kbps max.

robbyp
29-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Just bought an album off them, downloading now. Very simple and pretty cheap ($17 for a special edition album).

Does anyone use them regularly? Quality is good? I guess it's 256k or 320k Mp3, so not awesome, but hopefully good enough.

Not very impressed with the download speeds though, I'm only getting 400Kbps max.

Thats better than vodafones music downloads. They are only a crappy 128Kbps now. They used to be about 256 or 320. Vodafones store didn't even warn me to tell me that they were such poor quality and I couldn't find any information on their website as to what the quality should be.
I still prefer to buy CDs if I am getting the album.

pcuser42
29-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I've bought two albums from them, they seem pretty good (and the unprotected MP3s are a bonus :D)

johcar
29-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I use them every now and then. Partly because I know the brothers who set it up....but mainly because the prices are often better than iTunes.

:pf1mobmini:

pine-o-cleen
29-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I've used them a couple of times, brought Groove Armada - Black Light and something else that I can't remember right now.

Bobh
29-07-2011, 08:26 PM
I downloaded, from Digirama, an album of Band music by the Royal New Zealand Artillery Regiment. It is MP3 256k. I burned it to a DVD hoping to use it in my car. The DVD works when played Through my Blue-Ray player and shows the menu of tunes on the TV. All I have to do is select the tune I want to hear and it is played over the TV.

When I placed the DVD in my car's Radio/DVD player it came up with an error message and spat the DVD out.

I was looking at downloading a Seekers Album, The Very Best of the Seekers, from Digirama at a cost of $17. The same album already on a DVD is available from Fishpond at a cost of $12.58 (including delivery). I have ordered it today.

wainuitech
29-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Use them occasionally, they are good to deal with if theres any problems.

Example: a few years back I tried to download an album, after paying for it, but every time it would only half download then start again:mad:

It was a Saturday, about 11.45am - I emailed them explaining what was happening, not expecting to hear back till after the weekend, I got a hell of a shock :eek: when they replied about 12.30, just over half an hour.

They apologized, saying the problem was at their end, they found the cause and for me to try again and write back to let them know if I was still having problems - this time it worked :banana:clap

Out of Common courtesy, I wrote back thanking them for fixing it so fast. They responded by giving me credits for another 6 songs FREE. :punk

pcuser42
29-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Out of Common courtesy, I wrote back thanking them for fixing it so fast. They responded by giving me credits for another 6 songs FREE. :punk

I'm going to go in and break digiRAMA now :p

FoxyMX
31-07-2011, 06:52 PM
If you collect FlyBuys points you can redeem 95 points for 10 songs, 260 points for 30 songs, etc from Digirama, though they call it "FlyBuys music".

https://www.flybuys.co.nz/GetRewards/pages/reward.aspx?RewardID=1494&OutletID=0

george12
01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
I use them regularly, for me the download speed is excellent, the quality excellent and it's nice and simple to use.