PDA

View Full Version : Hewlett Packed-up 695c

10-10-2001, 05:40 PM
My 3 year old 695c will not print...here's the symptoms:
Noisy when switched on. If lid is open, carriage moves and resume light flashes and continues flashing even if lid is closed. The carriage won't return to rest position. Nor will the nozzle protector raise itself into correct position.
If power is switched off, then on again...the carriage moves but will not stop at its' rest position.
It's as though the carriage does not know where it is or where it should be.
Both cartridges have recently been refilled with a Calidad kit.
I suspect it's 'history'.
HP dealers are said to be asking a high minimum fee for repairs!
Any money spent may be better put towards a new printer.
Will I buy another HP...I ask myself? Must admit to having a 'good run' from a laserjet 4L some years ago.
Can anyone recommend any make/models.
Comments invited.

10-10-2001, 05:57 PM
With the price of printers these days you would be better off putting the money of a fix into a new printer. Friends of mine had a printer fixed recently and it cost about $60 just to look at it and with parts etc the cost was half of a good printer.

10-10-2001, 06:02 PM
I know some people encounter problems when refilling cartridges too many times...
But I have a friend who has a 695, and It has become very loud too. Definately replace it over getting it fixed, worth the money, and the print quality too.

10-10-2001, 06:54 PM
The problem with using refills is that if air gets into the cartridge then the ink will dry out and block print head.

If this is the problem then you will need to replace the print head, which usually costs more than the printer is worth.

10-10-2001, 09:07 PM
Hello Peter,
The problem you have is very common on the 600 series of HP printers, one thing you could try is pull out the power supply connector for around 30 seconds then reconnect, this has the effect of clearing any memory remaining in he printer and quite often they will carry on for a while before the problem resurfaces, long term though it will need a new chip fitted, and as the others have already said, the cost is better going to a new printer.
If you do look at getting a new printer, look seriously at something like a Canon S400, it has individual ink tanks, which are very easy to refill, being only one colour and if you use a good brand of refill ink ( not caliad ) you should get around 6 refills of original quality reproduction.

Alan