PDA

View Full Version : Printing Souce Code Not data

Happy Harry
18-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey one and all
I have a user, who when they print direct from a WEB page, the resultant print
is all in Sourcecode/HTML. All other users using the same printer work fine. They are using IE7
When the printing from Word, Excel, Outlook, or their Invoicing software, the printing is correct.
I have "Reset" IE7s settings back to default, but the issue remains
Google and MS Knowledge have not as yet, yeilded an answer.
Any ideas "Please"???

HH

wratterus
18-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I had this the other day with a HP printer - however the PC was printing the HTML code to any pritner, not just the HP. Same problem with IE8. The PC was old as the hills and had a faulty hard drive so we ended up replacing it rather than repairing it, so I didn't get around to actually fixing the problem. I'd be keen to know what was causing it! :)

pctek
18-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I found this:

CAUSE : Shdocw.dll file was corrupted.

RESOLUTION : We register that file Shdocw.dll, by going Start- run and type regsvr32 Shdocw.dll

Give it a go..........

BTW does it do it with just IE or any browser on that PC?

Happy Harry
18-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I found this:

CAUSE : Shdocw.dll file was corrupted.

RESOLUTION : We register that file Shdocw.dll, by going Start- run and type regsvr32 Shdocw.dll

Give it a go..........

BTW does it do it with just IE or any browser on that PC?

They only have IE7, as it is a corporate site, so I don't know if it effects other browsers.What pointed you to the "Shdocw.dll" to discover that it was corrupted??
I will try your suggestion later in the day, if I can finish the job I'm on at the moment.

Cheers
HH

pctek
18-07-2011, 08:34 PM
What pointed you to the "Shdocw.dll" to discover that it was corrupted??

Google.:nerd:

Happy Harry
19-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the input one and all
After a bit of dicking around, loading ,fixing registering files, and after different errors started hppening within IE and Outlook, we upgraded this to IE8 and all is good.
Probably could have just uninstalled and renistalled IE7 but this was the fastest option.
Cheers