PDA

View Full Version : Weird video stuttering problem

pcuser42
17-07-2011, 02:56 PM
When I have multiple video files in my Now Playing list in WMP12, about 20 seconds before the end of the video it sometimes starts stuttering (playing the same frames over and over). This doesn't happen if only one video is being played.

The problem also existed back when I was running Windows 7 Home Premium on my desktop, but resurfaced under Windows 7 Professional. It also does not occur on my Windows 7 Professional netbook.

:help:

pctek
17-07-2011, 06:32 PM
This is sometimes caused by buggy graphics drivers.

A common cause for stuttering are performance issues.

Another common cause for playback to have some occasional stuttering is a difference in framerate of the video and the refreshrate of your monitor. Ideally the refreshrate is a multiple of the framerate. Media Player Classic has special options that allow automatic adjustment of the refreshrate. See MPC Options -> Playback -> Fullscreen.

Media Player Classic allows you to choose which video renderer is used. Changing the renderer may sometimes help improve playback smoothness. See MPC Options -> Playback -> Output.
Recommended renderers for Vista/7 are: madVR (on high-end computers), Haali, EVR Custom Presenter, EVR.

http://www.codecguide.com/faq_playback_issues.htm

If the problem only occurs with certain AVI files, then read this FAQ entry.

If the problem only occurs with certain MOV files, then read this FAQ entry and this FAQ entry.

If the problem only occurs in MPC with certain WMV or M2TS files, then read this FAQ entry and this FAQ entry.

If you are using DXVA or CUDA hardware accelerated decoding, then try without that if you have a fast CPU. That may sometimes help, certainly if you make use of PixelShaders.

Video playback is very sensitive to timing. Certain monitoring programs that run in the background can cause trouble if they make excessive use of timers. Examples of tools that you shold avoid having running during video playback are: CPU-Z, GPU-Z, Process Explorer, Speedfan, and similar programs.

pcuser42
17-07-2011, 06:51 PM
This is sometimes caused by buggy graphics drivers.

Should try updating them I guess, I'm using the default Windows ones as they enabled Aero, which is all I really need :p