PDA

View Full Version : Bank input problem

linw
14-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Help - I am stumped. Got a ring from a client (newish machine running Win 7 64) saying she could not enter her customer number to login into either of her two banks. She can, however, type into the password box. Same story with FF and IE.

I hopped on to her machine with Team Viewer and verified this. But, via TV, I could enter numbers!

I ran Secunia and let it check stuff. Updated Java and Flash with no real hope.

Tried to do a system restore but, sadly, there are only two points, both today. (Space increased to accommodate more in future).

She is going to query the bank(s) but I thought I would ask here as well. There is no way I can google an answer to this weird one so wonder if anyone has encountered something like this before.

If the machine was on my desk I would be running MBAM etc and it is likely I will have to do this tomorrow.

Ideas?? TIA.

linw
14-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, that is embarrassing. The bank asked whether she had the numlock on. Guess what? She says her keyboard doesn't show the lock status with a light.

Sorry about that. Guess it had to be something like that.

kahawai chaser
14-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I had similar issue on my other PC with caps lock, not lighting up. So downloaded a program. Maybe search for number lock utility that displays a onscreen status for on/off.

CYaBro
15-07-2011, 01:13 AM
I use TrayStatus for my clients that have wireless keyboards.

:pf1mobmini:

linw
15-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks for that, guys. Particularly grateful for being gentle with me!! Seems so obvious, now.

I will get her to install traystatus but suppose it's a lesson well learned now!! Hopefully.