PDA

View Full Version : Recording from Freeview|HD

wratterus
13-07-2011, 10:23 AM
I haven't done this before! :o

Got a Hauppauge HVR2200 (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr2200mc.html) on the way, running Win7 Pro x64. Was hoping to use Media Centre, and I think there is some third party software available to get the EPG going properly? Has anyone else done this yet and knows of any potential pitfalls, things I should be looking out for, etc? Thanks. :)

Just a random side note, found out today that Hauppauge is pronounced hop-hog. Go figure.

Speedy Gonzales
13-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Does it come with a TV tuner program? If MCE picks up the channels, it should use the EPG, and let you record the channels. You click on the icon (beside the red / record button, once the channels have been picked up - looks like 3 lines), to bring up the EPG in MCE. If you're using Win7. Does MCE install playready / scan and find the channels?

If you want me to set it up, get teamviewer, and PM the ID and pw to me

psycik
13-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Have a look for the EPG Collector available on Geekzone - I think a newer version of it integrates directly to Windows Media Center without the need of a loader program - but if nothing else there are instructions there.

I'd stick with Windows Media center, out of the box it's able to do NZ Freeview HD - which your tuners are trying to do.

CliveM
13-07-2011, 03:51 PM
WMC works ok with mine. W7 64bit.

wratterus
13-07-2011, 04:08 PM
WMC works ok with mine. W7 64bit.

Do you get the full 7 (or is it 8?) day EPG?