PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft 2000 wireless keyboard: failure

bugalugs67
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Keyboard seems to have given up the ghost. I've been using it for a couple of years and no problems but a couple of days ago it started missing keystrokes. And it got worse and worse, until ..nothing. just quickly faded out. Checked Device Manager which said the device is working correctly. Updated driver. Replaced batteries. Tried the pushbutton "connect" nothing. Another new set of batteries still nothing.

The Mouse which is connected to the same 'receiver' is working ferpectly.

Any suggestions on where else to look, what to try. ???

zqwerty
10-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Check for corrosion on battery terminals, must look clean, no hint of brown, often spring side is corroded.

8ftmetalhaed
11-07-2011, 01:37 AM
definitely sounds like dead battery behaviour. Pop it open and take a gander as above.
And if you're using rechargeable batteries, use a fresh charged set. I thought something was dead, but my charged batteries had simply drained their charge while sitting in the battery pot.

bugalugs67
12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Zqwerty: Battery terminals are all shite and briny.

8ftmetalhaed: I thought batteries too and so replaced with brand new (twice) so it looks like it's the wireless connection from the keyboard. Two sets of batteries around $10.50, so far whereas a new M/Soft 2000 keyboard is only $12.62 + postage. I hate dumping stuff that looks OK.