PDA

View Full Version : joined file viewer

chumscrubber
09-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I have been looking everywhere but canīt find anywhere, so maybe you guys no about that.
I'm looking for an antivirus which could detect if there is a joined file to a program. for example I want to scan veryCool.exe (with an antivirus which can detect joined files) and the result shows me that veryCool.exe has one joined file - whatever.exe

I really hope i explained ok and you understand what I'm looking for :)

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Most can scan whats in an exe file

chumscrubber
09-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Speedy Gonzales

I think you didn't get what i mean.
if a file is infected the antivirus shows the name of the infected one and it might be the file which is joined. but if you crypt your virus well, antivirus won't detect it so there won't be shown any result. So i'm looking for the antivirus or anything which will tell me that this program has 2 joined files and it doesn't matter they are dangerous or not :)

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Well afaik, none of them tell you if something has joined to whatever.

It depends if there's an update or definition file (for it) to detect encrypted files. Whether it'll detect / and remove it

inphinity
09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
What do you mean "joined" file?

chumscrubber
09-07-2011, 01:42 PM
inphinity

I mean binded files. when you download something and it has binded other file(malware normally)

but i think i just found something interesting, you might like it too: http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
You could say that applies to something like Opencandy (when you install some free programs (ie: CDburnerXP, if you dont download the opencandy free install). If you dont select custom install. it installs. Programs like MSE will detect this / then remove it

And also programs like Chrome / Google toolbar / mediabar (which bearshare may install). If its got a custom install option, select it. Then it may not install

chumscrubber
10-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Speedy Gonzales

no i didn't mean that but its ok i found some stuff that can help more or less