PDA

View Full Version : Headset grief

DeSade
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I got a Logitech Clearchat wireless headset.

Its a great piece of kit, noise cancelling and brilliant for gaming and talking.

Trouble is for reasons unknown sometimes when I make or take a call from Skype the mic does not activate. The red light at the end stays on and I cannot talk.

Any idea what could cause this? The headset is fine other than this.

CliveM
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Maybe it does not like the new tatt :)

feersumendjinn
07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Can you adjust the voice activation sensitivity through it's driver software (assuming it has such), or Skypes settings?
Perhaps it's defective?

DeSade
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
The settings are on auto configure, meaning it reconfigures as you use it.

Its not a settings thing, it just doesn't work.
There is a red light on the end of the microphone boom that goes off when the mic is ready for use, it only happens occasionally but the light stays on.

The headset is a few years old now but has always worked flawlessly.

John H
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Stupid question, but have you selected the correct microphone in Skype options? Skype may be defaulting to a microphone in your camera.

DeSade
08-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes I have John.
Its the only mic I have, I don't use a camera.

John H
08-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I thought it was a stupid question. The only suggestion I have then is the fact that the microphone was manufactured by Logitech! I have had no end of trouble with Logitech products over the years...

DeSade
08-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I thought it was a stupid question. The only suggestion I have then is the fact that the microphone was manufactured by Logitech! I have had no end of trouble with Logitech products over the years...

I must disagree with that, Logitech is my preferred brand by a LONG way.
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Headset
Wireless Keyboard and mouse set
Even got a Wheel here somewhere

Never had a issue with any of them.
Admittedly I had a old Logitech headset that I did have issues with replaced it with my current one and no problems since.
I honestly do not think this is a hardware fault.

Speedy Gonzales
08-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm using a logitech wireless kb here. Its not too bad. There was a program on the site for it, till I / people who use their kb's told them it didnt work. So, logitech removed it.

Only thing I wouldnt use is a logitech cam. The install program, installs too much crap

I take it, its fully charged and paired with the adapter?? Have you tried another USB port?

DeSade
08-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes the adapter is fine working well as far as I can tell.
Headset works fine for VOIP and Raidcall so not sure why Skype is 'sometimes' an issue.

Headset is on constant charge when not in use, it has a cut-out that prevents it over-charging.

John H
08-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Another Stupid Question then, given your lack of suspicion of the hardware!

Are you up to date with Skype? I had problems with one version of Skype - I updated it and the problems were solved.

I have version 5 + at the moment. I think the problem was with an iteration of v4. And don't ask me what the problems were - I can't remember.

DeSade
08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Skype v5.3.0.120

I only installed it on Monday.

John H
08-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm on Skype 5.3.32.116 - installed it a while ago, but checked today with Update Checker and it didn't list a more recent version.

DeSade
08-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I got this one from Skype.com main site, didn't give me any version options when downloading.

John H
08-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Well, that is bizarre. I just did the Check for updates thing, it installed the latest version, and I am back to the same version you have. I wonder what their version naming system is?