PDA

View Full Version : Office 2010 SP1 error

bk T
30-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Downloaded and tried to install SP1 -(KB2460049x64-fullfile-en-us-exe) with the following error:

"The expected version of the product was not found on the system."

Have googled without much luck.

Any suggestions?

Speedy Gonzales
30-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Did you install the 64 bit version?? Thats the install for the 64 bit version of Office 2010 SP1. If you have the 32 bit version, you have to get the x86 install. Thats probably why it wont install

bk T
30-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes. I've the 64bit version installed.

wainuitech
30-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Run Via windows update, it only downloads what components are needed, as some will have already come through Via normal updates.

I upgraded all of ours here, and even after the full install of SP1, two PC's still required a further 92MB of office downloads.

Snorkbox
30-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I updated with SP1 yesterday and it worked fine on my 64 bit version.

chiefnz
30-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Not to hijack the thread but after 2 failed installations for Office 2010 SP1 I finally managed to get it going.

However, after installing I could not move mail items from my mailbox to an archive file (PST file). The only way I could move items was to right click on the item/s and use the "move to" option.

I have since uninstalled SP1 and I can now moved items to and from my PST file.

Haven't had a look at any reports about issues encountered with SP1 but thought I would mention it in case someone has experienced the same problem.

Thanks

bk T
30-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Not to hijack the thread but after 2 failed installations for Office 2010 SP1 I finally managed to get it going.

However, after installing I could not move mail items from my mailbox to an archive file (PST file). The only way I could move items was to right click on the item/s and use the "move to" option.

I have since uninstalled SP1 and I can now moved items to and from my PST file.

Haven't had a look at any reports about issues encountered with SP1 but thought I would mention it in case someone has experienced the same problem.

Thanks

Nice to share your experiences.

"... 2 failed installations..." meaning you succeeded the 3 attempt? What was your error message?

Gobe1
01-07-2011, 12:41 PM
BK just for info, i have downloaded this so i can install it on our users that way i dont get 40 downloads of SP1 this month.
Trouble is once it is installed you reboot and in windows updates it is still wanting to install office 2010 SP1....and it needs to download it....another reboot seems to fix this.

chiefnz
19-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice to share your experiences.

"... 2 failed installations..." meaning you succeeded the 3 attempt? What was your error message?

There were no error messages just lost functionality in terms of moving mail items from my mailbox to a PST file.

I finally got it working after running Windows Updates, installing all updates 1st before running the SP1 update.

All is well now.

Thanks.