PDA

View Full Version : Hardware or software fault? Video/Games performance

The Error Guy
28-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I have had my DV7 for a week or so now however I have noticed when playing COD MW and WAW Zombies that there is a sort of cut in the video. From memory it doesn't happen all the time (maybe I just dont notice it) but its certainly persistent.

If I look around a bit it will move up and down the screen, id describe it like the top and the bottom half aren't in sync or something like its 1mm out, it occurrs about 1/3rd of the way up the screen.

Would this be a software problem (directx or the likes) or hardware? The card is a ATi 6770.

Just wonderin since its going in for warranty soon probably I I thought it might be better to demand a whole replacement unit based on whats gone wrong so far. Might have got a "bad" one :mad:

Ill try and get a screen shot or video but idk if it will show up in screenshot

Cheers, TEG

EDIT: yes I will get hate for having an HP :D

jareemon
28-06-2011, 05:11 PM
tried updating ati drivers?

:pf1mobmini:

gretag34
28-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Could it be a vsync issue? This is where the graphics card sends a new image to the screen before the screen has finished showing the last one which results in tearing or images.

The Error Guy
28-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Fix by enabling Vsync in app + ATi Catalyst I guess? Will try driver update. got one from windows update a few weeks back but ill try full package from ATi site when I get home

Paul.Cov
28-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it's sometimes described as 'tearing' - and is typically seen when there's rapid rotation of the view.

As the others have said, enable v-sync, or lower some of the graphics specs to keep the frame rate higher. Resolution, anti alisaing and anisotropic filtering being the typical badies in the war for speedy graphics.

jareemon
28-06-2011, 09:52 PM
if your ati drivers are out of date, the full ati driver update should hopefully boost your windows experience index gaming graphics considerably too

:pf1mobmini:

pctek
29-06-2011, 07:33 AM
COD MW and WAW Zombies that there is a sort of cut in the video. The card is a ATi 6770.

Just wonderin since its going in for warranty soon

Why is it going in "for warranty"?