PDA

View Full Version : Any one had problems with Telecom BB?

gradebdan
27-06-2011, 08:35 PM
For the last few days intermittently my Broad Band ceases to connect. Today for 15 mins in the morning and then in the aft. for for 2 hours. Also had problems Sunday and Saturday. After I spend ages on the phone at the help desk trying to get through, and then going through swapping filters ect.(This
last procedure we do not do any more!) They "Reconfigure my connection to make it more secure". Everything then works fine. Now been connected for 8 hours. Does any one know what can they be doing at their end?

Chilling_Silence
27-06-2011, 09:57 PM
It can depend on a *lot* of things. For me, it was made easier by the fact we don't actually use our home line (We don't even know what the number is), and I have a solid router, and have multiple filters I can try. I've also had a friend who's an electrician rewire the jackpoint so there's just one single wall-port now, not half a dozen which could be affecting things.

How did they "Reconfigure your connection to make it more secure"? Do you have one of the Thomson TG585 routers that they can apparently remotely access? Coz if not, they won't be doing anything remotely to "make it more secure" so I'd ring back, ask them to look at your account history / job logs and see what the tech actually *did*. Post back what they say here :)

gradebdan
27-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I do have a thomson 585. They are going to contact me tomorrow
to see how things are going.