PDA

View Full Version : firefox 5 unstable ??

sroby
27-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi there. is anyone having some issues with Firefox5 ??
with both my work & home PC it had the odd hanging issues.
:badpc:

GameJunkie
27-06-2011, 07:43 PM
nope, all right here on laptop and a desktop

updated flash and java??

Paul.Cov
27-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I've been using 5.0 for a couple of days, with zero issues so far.

Maybe it's an add-on that is incompatible, or some other software causing issues.

kjaada
27-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I've been using 5.0 for a couple of days, with zero issues so far.

Maybe it's an add-on that is incompatible, or some other software causing issues.

I second that,No issues on two PCs and two laptops

Speedy Gonzales
27-06-2011, 08:30 PM
After I installed it. it started freezing. I've got stuff all addons loaded. And I had to kill it just now, replying to a post in here. Think I may kill it if it keeps stuffing up. And use palemoon instead. It may do a better job. At least its 64 bit

sroby
27-06-2011, 09:21 PM
I had the same issue as Speedi, freezing after the AutoUpdate to v5. Actually hung on both PC's
1st time v5 used.
It may have been an addon, but only have adblocker & downloader helper on both PC's. Ive just gone back to v4 & problem solved.
I'll wait a bit for an update of FF & add-ons.

Strange that it happened to both my pc's.
Cheers

8ftmetalhaed
27-06-2011, 09:24 PM
as much as I love FF, I dislike 1- how much memory it uses and 2- how often it freezes during heavy activity. I believe I'm on FF5 here now, and it SEEMS better than usual, but I haven't really been paying attention.

Speedy Gonzales
27-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Mine I removed FF4 completely (didnt do an update). Deleted its folders then reinstalled FF5. It still froze

Richard
28-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Have to report absolutely no problems with FF5. Was having constant crashes with FF4, and freezes lasting anything up to five minutes. FF5 so far is faultless for me. :thumbs::thumbs:

wratterus
28-06-2011, 10:37 AM
No issues with it here - I did however have a lot of annoying issues after upgrading to FF4. I had around 600MB in the profile folder, and far too many addons, the thing just crawled. 500mb+ RAM usage, CPU spikes, freezing, the lot.

Bit the bullet and did a clean install of FF, it was well worth it. Runs like a dream now, and just as good on FF5. Highly recommend doing it if you haven't since changing to V4. :2cents:

My current list of essential addons are as follows..

Adblock Plus
Donwload Helper
DownThemAll
Stylish
Tab Scope

And Dark Fox or summerwood for the theme.

A few other handy ones are WOT, Search Tabs and Bookstack, depending on what you do with your browser.

Agent_24
28-06-2011, 11:08 AM
No problems on XP, Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows 7 but it did hang last night on XP because the Flash player crashed (took a little while for Firefox to realise and tell me though)

I only have about 10 addons too though, I know some people have over 100!

linw
28-06-2011, 12:20 PM
FF4 and FF5 stable as, here. Very minimal addons, though.

Must say, though, Google is a pain with long delays before getting out a compatible toolbar.

8ftmetalhaed
28-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I do think ALOT of the problems people encounter are related to plugins actually. WHY every ****** has to write their ads in flash I just don't know. I mean sure, I adore my little pony FIM and it's in flash 8, but for every freakin tool on the internet? no thanks.

catspyjamas
28-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I updated it the day it was released and so far I've only had one problem and that was earlier today. Had a bit of a freeze up and ended up having to kill FF via the taskmanager. Prior to today's occurrence I'd given it a fair workout with multiple tabs open and scans running in the background (Avira) and it's not thrown any wobblies. Not really sure what happened today.

I find the speed quite variable. Sometimes it's really fast, and sometimes it's annoyingly slow.