PDA

View Full Version : Multiple ISP email address problems

09-10-2001, 03:05 PM
My wife works part-time for mountain safety who have set her up with a mail account on another ISP. Whilst the Outlook2000 I can create two accounts and download all email the problem come with sending. It seems that when sending or replying to NZMSC messages, it defaults to own email (ClearNet), I have not been able to find a way that you can choose which senders address is sent.
One workaround I'm trying is setting up Outlook2000 for home and Outlook Express for work, but maybe someone has a better answer?

09-10-2001, 05:40 PM
I know with outlook express, when you compose a message there is a drop-down menu where you can select the smtp mail-sender.

You may want to install outlook express (it's almost as good as outlook) where you want the two isps for sending.

Outlook should have something like this too though. You might not have setup the email accounts properly so you can't select the smtp of the isp to send with.

One last thing you can try, you said it defaults to that isp for sending. Well in the options somewhere there is probably an option for choosing the default one, and you could change it whenever you like; maybe someone else knows where to find the combo-box for choosing the smtp outgoing mail server?

09-10-2001, 08:58 PM
To send from a different account in Outlook 2000, instead of clicking on 'Send' to send the message, there should be a little down-arrow next to the Send. Click on that and it'll give you a list of all the accounts you can send from. Click whichever account you want to send, and it'll send as that.

09-10-2001, 10:28 PM
Thanks for that haven't seen an arrow but maybe thats because I'm used to single ISP's. Have set her up on Outlook2000 for personal mail and Outlook Express 6 for work. This is fine but not the perfect solution. Thanks again :)