PDA

View Full Version : web hosting and domain name register

prayami
25-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I need advise, which is the best website for web hosting(Dynamic web sites) and domain name register?

Less price is preferred but not at the cost of performance. I heard that, the web hosting service in New Zealand is costly because they buy from American Hosting companies. I don't mind hosting on overseas website if it is good.

Thanks.

Erayd
25-06-2011, 10:51 AM
...which is the best website for web hosting(Dynamic web sites)What kind of dynamic site? Which language[s] (e.g. PHP, ASP.NET, Java etc). is the site written in, and what dependencies does it have on the server end? This makes a *big* difference to what kind of hosting is required.

Less price is preferred but not at the cost of performance.As a rule, with web hosting, you get what you pay for. If you go for a cheapie host, you *will* be compromising on something - this most often means either latency (non-local hosting), poor uptime, poor customer service, or poor performance due to overselling.

I heard that, the web hosting service in New Zealand is costly...It can be, depending on what you're needing...

...because they buy from American Hosting companies....but that isn't why. Hosting in NZ is generally a bit pricier due to the high cost of international bandwidth on the Southern Cross cable network.

I don't mind hosting on overseas website if it is good.That is likely to be cheaper, but bear in mind that the latency to New Zealand will be a lot higher - if you are expecting the majority of your users to be in New Zealand, you'll probably be better off with local hosting.