PDA

View Full Version : PowerDefrag

09-10-2001, 01:41 PM
Okay, so usually I try to help others by trying to answer questions, but today I need help of my own :)

I downloaded Powerdefrag as suggested in a couple of other message threads. (In fact, its the third time I've downloaded it).
While installing, about half way through comes a message 'cannot extract c:\program files\power defrag\msvbvm60.dll' and an OK button, which I click (nothing else to do) and up comes the message that install failed. I've tried this over and over, with three downloads now, and still the same thing...

until today when it did it the first couple of times, then all of a sudden it got past the msvbvm60.dll and installed to about 95% (approx) and up came another very similar message, except this time it can't extract the 'Power degrag website.url' file or something, and so I click OK and up comes the message that install failed.

I opened the install file in Winzip, but being a self-installing CAB file, I couldn't do much but look and see what files were in there. All the files are there and extract okay by themselves, just not when I'm installing.

Any suggestions?

09-10-2001, 02:23 PM
well finally (fifth download) it's worked... it had better have been worth it :)

09-10-2001, 02:31 PM
Hi Mike, Im desperately trying to dredge through my memory on this one, as I had a similar problem. The problem may be due to version conflicts (maybe).
msvbvm60.dll is a visual basic 6 file, so try installing vb6 from say 'essentials' on the PC World CD and then see how Power Defrag installs.
The file version should be 6.00.8877 or later.
Cheers