PDA

View Full Version : Windows ME Restore

09-10-2001, 12:02 PM
My restore programme no longer restores automatically. The manual restore works OK, is it possible to 'restore' the manual function?

09-10-2001, 01:01 PM
A couple of questions:

1. Are you meaning the Windows ME System Restore?

2. If this is what you mean, it doesn't RESTORE automatically, it backs up automatically before you install some things, and then if things go wrong you have to go in and restore it.

09-10-2001, 03:05 PM
Thanks for yor prompt reply Mike.

1. Yes it is ME.
2. The restore programme was doing 'restore points' automatically then for some reason this function stopped and I now have to do manual restore points.

09-10-2001, 05:35 PM
Did you go to System Properties, and ensure that System restore has not been disabled?

Or maybe selected an option in a tweak program preventing automatic restore points?

09-10-2001, 10:58 PM
Hi! Dylan

Thanks for your reply.

Ques.1 Yes
Ques.2 No

The restore prog. is not disabled because I can do a manual restore point.

10-10-2001, 08:09 AM
Then this could possibly be one of WinME's many errors.
Have you tried going back to a day (in sys restore) where it worked perfectly - or looked at the description of that day to see what was installed?

10-10-2001, 05:55 PM
Are you saying that software from that wonderful Microsoft company has 'errors' in it?

12-10-2001, 09:38 PM
Hi Dennis.
Also, have you kept up with the 'Windows Updates'? (Go to your Start Menu and Run it from there. When the web page loads, select 'Product Updates' and it will check your system for needed updates) There is an important update to Windows ME 'System Restore' that fixed a problem with System Restore points not functioning properly after early September (from memory, about the 8th).