PDA

View Full Version : two internet accounts in one house possible?

Fishy
21-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I just moved into a new flat and they have woosh and it is really really ****. Where I was before was in Herne Bay and had 22mbit, now I have moved down to 0.8mbit and I can't handle it..
My mum also never uses her internet allowance so what I am wondering is the following:

I have a spare wireless modem at home and a phone jack in my bedroom in the flat I am wondering if it is possible to bring the modem to my flat, plug it in and login with my mums internet account?
So do two internet connections work in one house and can you use the same internet at two different locations if you just set the login right on the modem?

Snorkbox
21-06-2011, 12:08 PM
You will want two landlines in the house I suspect. Is the current Woosh supplied via a landline?

Also I don't believe you can use your Mother's account and who is she with for her ISP?

More info needed.

inphinity
21-06-2011, 12:22 PM
The account is typically tied to the phone line, and the phone line needs to be DSL enabled. Assuming the Woosh connection is wireless, you'd just need to arrange for a DSL connection instead (or as well as).

mikebartnz
21-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a spare wireless modem at home and a phone jack in my bedroom in the flat I am wondering if it is possible to bring the modem to my flat, plug it in and login with my mums internet account?
So do two internet connections work in one house and can you use the same internet at two different locations if you just set the login right on the modem?
If she is with extra, NO.
There are usually two lines going into each house so you could have two separate ADSL connection but you won't be able to have two on the same line.

Fishy
21-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah she is with xtra :(
Ah well that sucks i'll see if I can get the flatmates to change isp or something
cheers

Chilling_Silence
21-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Herne Bay has been cabinetized. You haven't said where you've moved to so we can't check, but changing ISP's may do SFA for your speeds.