PDA

View Full Version : Freeview box with RF Out

nedkelly
20-06-2011, 02:10 PM
My parents want a freeview box with an RF out port so that it can be sent to all the tv ports in the house via Our Distribution system for the tvs that dont have built-in freeview. Does anyone know of a box that can do this?

Agent_24
20-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Probably easier to get an RF converter and attach it to the S-Video or Composite output from any tuner.

Peter H
21-06-2011, 12:24 PM
My Freeview Sat box has RF out - ask the suppliers.

Agent_24
21-06-2011, 12:34 PM
But with a separate RF modulator unit you are not limited to any specific tuner or anything.

And of course you can plug other devices in whenever you want, too...

bot
21-06-2011, 04:52 PM
My parents want a freeview box with an RF out port so that it can be sent to all the tv ports in the house via Our Distribution system for the tvs that dont have built-in freeview. Does anyone know of a box that can do this?

We have a DSE G7500 that has RF In and Out.

Morgenmuffel
21-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Well I'll be the dummy here, but, doesn't that mean that every TV will have to view the same channel at the same time.

gneill
21-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Just be careful, some Freeview Rcrs have RF through, but don't have a built-in modulator.

Agent_24
21-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Well I'll be the dummy here, but, doesn't that mean that every TV will have to view the same channel at the same time.

Yes that is correct

tweak'e
21-06-2011, 07:55 PM
yes some may have loop through rather than rf out. some can have adjustable channel output to. handy as a lot of video's are all on the same channel.

i have a GOG unit here that has adjustable RF out.

Hydroksyde
21-06-2011, 08:12 PM
The DSE-7500 has one, I haven't tested it though.

But ideally you want a separate receiver for each television, so they can all watch a different channel. You need an RF splitter that allows power pass on all ports. If you have such a distribution system, your house is likely already wired with RG-6 cable, which you can use to distribute the satellite signal... You can even use a satellite-terrestrial diplexer to send the satellite signal along with your RF distribution...

You will likely need to replace your belling-lee wall jacks with F-type connectors, if they aren't aleady. This should be as easy as unscrewing the factplates, popping the belling-lee modules out, unscrewing the F-type connector from the back of the module (the belling-lee modules used on RG-6 cable have an F connector on the back), and popping an F-type module it it's place.

Hydroksyde
21-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Or did you mean Freeview|HD? This is what you generally have, with "built in freeview" TVs

nedkelly
21-06-2011, 10:04 PM
The parents dont mind having one channel for the entire house, We had it originally setup for our sky unit, we no longer use it so why not stick freeview there?
Might look into the DSE unit if no other ones come up

bot
21-06-2011, 10:18 PM
The parents dont mind having one channel for the entire house, We had it originally setup for our sky unit, we no longer use it so why not stick freeview there?
Might look into the DSE unit if no other ones come up

Some of the cheap-as-**** ones you get off trademe have RF out.

nedkelly
21-06-2011, 10:19 PM
They would like it to work

bot
21-06-2011, 11:26 PM
They would like it to work

IDK if the DSE is still for sale as we bought it a while ago. In the warehouse I spotted a Hills brand box that clearly had "RF" somewhere on the box.

The Error Guy
22-06-2011, 09:11 AM
My one is a Dish TV model. It has RF out, not sure if its modulated or just a loop. Could test for you if you want is its DVB-T or S you are looking for?

nedkelly
22-06-2011, 10:12 AM
its terrestrial with the UHF aerial