PDA

View Full Version : ATX FORM CARD

09-10-2001, 10:17 AM
Hi, I have a motherboard that requires an ATX Form Card to be plugged in to enable USB support. Does any one have any ideas where I can get these from, I cant seem to find them anywhere in NZ.

Cheers

Trent

09-10-2001, 01:56 PM
i have no idea what u mean by 'atx form catd'. could you let us know what motherboard it is.

the only thing i can think of at the mo is some early comps came out with usb on a riser card which was an optoinal extra.

09-10-2001, 02:24 PM
I am not sure of the motherboard manurfacture, will need to check later. But the details are, It is a riser style card that plugs into a 10pin socket on the motherboard. The card includes two usb ports, a ps2 mouse port and an infrared port. I understand that the form card is a standard piece that can be used with a number of motherboard manufactures.

The motherboard is about 2-3 years old, has an AT style keyboard connection, and dual at/atx power connection

09-10-2001, 05:52 PM
Hello Trent,

You will be lucky to still find an ATX form factor card, these cards are exactly what the name implies and are a means of adding ATX features (USB,PS/2 etc) via an expansion slot to AT motherboards, as AT boards have not been widely available for years now, your chances of picking up a new one are remote.

Alan