PDA

View Full Version : LogMeIn Rescue.

B.M.
18-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Anyone know anything about this programme?

Alex B
18-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes

wainuitech
18-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Its a legit remote access program a bit like Team viewer and a few others that are about.

The program its self is fine, the "bad" side is its one of the programs the phone scammers use to access your PC if you get suckered into believing them that they are from Microsoft, and your PC is infected.

icow
18-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Its a legit remote access program a bit like Team viewer and a few others that are about.

The program its self is fine, the "bad" side is its one of the programs the phone scammers use to access your PC if you get suckered into believing them that they are from Microsoft, and your PC is infected.

+1

also good for setting up private online-lan servers for gaming.

B.M.
18-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Thanks Wainui.

Would it be any good for say running CCleaner on someoneís computer to save visiting them?

Iíve got a few oldie mates that are less Computer Literate than I am (if thatís possible) but the problem is usually a 60 second fix. I thought maybe this would be useful?

Basically, how does it work?

Speedy Gonzales
18-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Use teamviewer. Install it then get the ID and pw off whoever then log in

Cellux
18-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Use teamviewer. Install it then get the ID and pw off whoever then log in

Another great one is Crossloop.
Works in much the same way, however all they have to do give you an access code, then authorize access on start of the login.

wainuitech
18-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Personally I'd use team viewer, cross loop as a second choice.

As speedy said, install team Viewer on your PC (Full version - free for personal use), get them to download the quick support version - then when they run it, at their it end will generate a user name and password.

Then while talking to them on the phone, they give you those numbers, you enter in the user name, it goes and locates it, enter in the password given, and its just like sitting in front of their PC (almost).

You can transfer files and do what ever you want. Once the connection is shut down, thats it you cant get in till they let you.

Lets say a week or a month later they ask for help, fire up TV again, their user name will be the same, but a different password is generated.

If you were doing regular connections you would install the full version on the receiving PC, and set your own password.

dpDesignz
18-06-2011, 11:22 PM
+1 for teamviewer. I'm currently testing Logeminrescue, but for the price it isn't worth it. And what I've used so far, personally I think it's messy

B.M.
19-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Correct me if Iím wrong here, but my understanding was that LogMeInRescue didnít require anything to be downloaded on the ďpatient machineĒ whereas the others do. :confused:

This strikes me as an advantage if itís correct.

Gobe1
19-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I use logmein at work but i think i will switch to teamviewer
The free logmein wont let you transfer files

EDIT: BM the way i used it was to login to logmein and add their pc to the list so i could take control of it when i needed. This requires a small program to be loaded at their end. The teamveiwer quicksupport program is like a portable program so is not intrusive to the system at all at their end

dpDesignz
19-06-2011, 10:16 AM
for logmein rescue the client has to download a small file which allows access. If you would like a demo I would be happy to give you one with my account. :). Or you can do a 30 day trial yourself. Give them both a go and decide for yourself.