PDA

View Full Version : Paradise email

Robbie W
18-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Copied

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: SENDING PARADISE EMAIL FROM OVERSEAS

TelstraClear is breaking this cycle by making a change to the sending of Paradise email from overseas locations.

Consequently, from 11 July 2011 you will no longer be able to send Paradise email if you are connected from an overseas location and using email software such as Outlook, Microsoft Mail, Apple Mail etc. The change should not affect your ability to send and receive Paradise email from within New Zealand. "

End copy

Hello I received an email from Paradise recently partly copied above.

I do not understand does this mean(1) nobody can email me from overseas unless they use yahoo or hotmail.(2)Is it only if I am overseas?

I have not seen any comments so am presuming #2 just like some clarification.

Regards gramps

johcar
18-06-2011, 10:42 AM

I thought Telstra were dumping the Paradise brand?

:pf1mobmini:

Arnie
18-06-2011, 11:31 AM

I thought Telstra were dumping the Paradise brand?

:pf1mobmini:

Yes I agree #2,

I heard that as well, so far, nothing been done, if they do it will give me an excuse to change ISP perhaps to Actrix???

Pato
18-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I am on Paradise but I think they are only keeping it for present subscribers, but I stand to be corrected.

Scubadoo
18-06-2011, 12:21 PM
OT

My original paradise homepage at http://homepages.paradise.net.nz is still ticking over.
Created in 1999.
Left Paradise/Telstra in 2003.

wainuitech
18-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Whats happening is if you have a paradise dial up account, that is being discontinued. As long as want to stay with Telstra, you either have to switch to Telstra broadband or create a new dial up account with telstra.

The email bit -- What they mean is if you are not in NZ, then you cant use the Telstra smtp mail servers. While in NZ there wont be a problem.

Got a customer who was over in canada a few days back.

While my customer was in canada, tried to use Telstra's smtp on his laptop, as normal, wouldn't go, but once he got back to NZ, worked perfectly.